Author Topic: Botox Plastic Surgery Forum - Why do promoters avoid before after videos?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I do not offer botox in my practice. I am a lover of natural animation. I love facial expression, not Greek tragi-drama frozen masks. I have been fascinated throughout my career that those promoting this modality never seem to show before and after movies on how "good" their treatments are. For those who I have seen injected, they look frozen, unnatural. Yes, I know so many make money on this method, but profit over a living look was never an attraction.

Please, someone educate me how I am wrong. Help me better understand the "value" of this option.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
I do not offer botox in my practice. I am a lover of natural animation. I love facial expression, not Greek tragi-drama frozen masks. I have been fascinated throughout my career that those promoting this modality never seem to show before and after movies on how "good" their treatments are. For those who I have seen injected, they look frozen, unnatural. Yes, I know so many make money on this method, but profit over a living look was never an attraction.

Please, someone educate me how I am wrong. Help me better understand the "value" of this option.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I just tried to find a before and after video for Botox and gave up after the first few just were videos of still pictures?  Sorry, where are the before and after videos of facial expressions, emotions, speech before after botox? Please post examples showing before, after, and progression over time if you know of any sources that go into real patient examples. Now, I am not talking about videos showing the technique, but how tissues look before and after with the same attention to standardization as I have outlined in our tools of How to Evaluate Before and After Photographs.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: Botox Plastic Surgery Forum - Why do promoters avoid before after videos?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:39:14 AM »

Still looking to see such examples using Standard Picture Techniques and Measurement letting the patient better understand risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care. They should be able to see what a face looks like during an animated conversation, crying, happy, or what facial expressions will be like. Showing a model with frozen stare features, just does not seem enough in my opinion, which is why I rejected the Botox option for my own practice.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Someone added me to a Facebook International Botulin Toxin Expert Forum

Here is what I posted:

Michael Bermant MD Never offered Botulin Toxin, have never liked how faces moved after treatment I saw others administer. Would love to see before and after pictures and videos showing facial expressions and animations of the face which I just never seem to be able to find in presentations. We do not live our lives as a still photograph in a Greek Tragic Drama Mask. Where is such documentation that botox leaves an acceptable natural look? Removing the wrinkles, at what price?
Looking to learn, but verbal hand waving is not enough.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Natox not Botox Check the clinically approved cream to vanish away wrinkles.proven results

I looked at the site link they posted and could not find any before after animation shots showing facial expressions or videos how tissues moved. Wrinkles are a dynamic component of facial expressions. We do not live life with masks on our faces going about expressionless. Showing how "great" a product is for wrinkles without demonstrations of that before after of conversation, laughter, emotions, expressions has no  value in my opinion. Perhaps I missed that documentation again? Still looking.

Here are some thoughts about Standard Pictures Face and Expression. However, videos would be more critical of such animation and living expressions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates