Poll

Did you know that this forum has a posting feature?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Plastic Surgery Forum - Quick survey for my cosmetic surgery research?  (Read 5861 times)

Offline autumnsky

• View Profile
To participants, my name is Stefanie Sutic currently in yr 12 studying at Aquinas College located in Sydney Australia. I am undertaking an Individual Research Project (IRP) for subject “Community and Family Studies” (CAFS) and you are invited to participate in my research project. This simple survey will help me collect quantitative data. Please email these Questionnaires back to newbielink:mailto:fefi_sutic@hotmail.com [nonactive] or PM me under subject line “SI Survey” by the 25th of February 2011 at the latest.
Now, this survey consists of two different questionnaires. The first one being for those who HAVE had cosmetic surgery in the past, and the second for those who HAVE NOT. Both of these questionnaires are for women only however, as studies show that the majority of plastic surgery procedures are undertaken by women, thus I am basing my research assignment solely on women. Completing this survey should take approx. 5-10 minutes of your time. I do not think you should experience any great inconvenience while completing this questionnaire, as it will be done at your convenience. If you are interested in having the results of this study sent to you by the time everything is analysed, you will be asked to provide a contact address for this purpose.

Thank you for participating in this questionnaire.

Questionnaire Based On: Cosmetic Surgery/Enhancements
Purpose/Reason: To carry out the Board of Studies Independent Research Project (IRP) with a weighting of 25%, in an area of personal interest for Community and Family Studies (CAFS).
Research Question/ Hypothesis: Is our perception of beauty altered by what we see in the media?
Approval: This research project and as for my hypothesis question has been approved by my Community & Family Studies teacher.
Background (Disclaimer): By completing this survey, you’ve given permission for the information provided to be used in a research study. There are no direct benefits to participants from implementing this survey. Any information obtained in relation with this project that can identify you will remain confidential, and can only be revealed with your permission – no “identifying” material will be included in the final REPORT, thus, you will be systematically protected by completing this research. If you complete this survey, I will/may use the “results” in my research thesis and possibly in a research report. These results will be reported completely anonymously, and you will NOT be identified. Your email addresses/name/contact details will be kept completely private/confidential for ethical reasons and will not be used at all throughout the report. It is GUARANTEED to you that all “data” will be erased/destroyed as soon as when the research is finished.

THE QUESTIONNAIRES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

For those who HAVE had cosmetic surgery:

How old are you?

What did you have done and when?

How long before your procedure were you considering to get this particular surgery/cosmetic enhancement done?

Was there a particular Celebrity who inspired you to have this procedure done? If yes, please explain.

If you had to pick on of the following, which would have been the largest influence in your choice to get this procedure done:

Family

Friends

Media/Magazines/Celebrities

Past experiences

Personal Reasons

Other: .................................................. .................................................. ............................

Can you notice the difference in your confidence and self esteem since the procedure?

NO
YES

If you could go back and change your decision to have this procedure done, would you? If yes, please provide a reason why.

NO
YES .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Do you think you would ever get a plastic surgery or a cosmetic procedure again?

NO
YES

Have you/do you ever feel pressure from society and the media to look a certain way? If yes, please explain.

What do you feel is the most attractive/important feature on a woman?

Would you/have you ever had cosmetic surgery to enhance this feature?

Do you agree that the increasing percentage of plastic/cosmetic surgery procedures performed on women in today’s society is a result of media influence? If answered no, please explain an alternate reason.

AND...
For those who HAVE NOT had cosmetic surgery:

How old are you?

What do you consider to be your worst feature/ what are you most self-conscious about with your body and/or face?

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst), how self-conscious are you about this aspect of your appearance?

In the future do you think you would ever get surgery to change this feature?
NO
YES

Of the following women, which do you consider to be most attractive?
Megan Fox
Vanessa Hudgens
Rachel Bilson
Heidi Montag
Sophie Monk
Leighton Meester
Ashley Greene
Kim Kardashian

Why did you choose this woman? What do you think makes her most beautiful?

Do you ever feel pressure from the media/society to look like any of these women?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:11:02 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Quick survey for my cosmetic surgery research?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:10:34 AM »
Did you know that after posting enough in this forum to earn this feature, polls are possible right here in this forum? To deal with spammers and robots, there are features that require enough use of the forum before they are enabled.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline annelee

• View Profile
Re: Plastic Surgery Forum - Quick survey for my cosmetic surgery research?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:45 AM »
To participants, my name is Stefanie Sutic currently in yr 12 studying at Aquinas College located in Sydney Australia. I am undertaking an Individual Research Project (IRP) for subject “Community and Family Studies” (CAFS) and you are invited to participate in my research project. This simple survey will help me collect quantitative data. Please email these Questionnaires back to newbielink:mailto:fefi_sutic@hotmail.com [nonactive] or PM me under subject line “SI Survey” by the 25th of February 2011 at the latest.

Now, this survey consists of two different questionnaires. The first one being for those who HAVE had cosmetic surgery [INSERTED SPAM LINK REMOVED] in the past, and the second for those who HAVE NOT. Both of these questionnaires are for women only however, as studies show that the majority of plastic surgery procedures are undertaken by women, thus I am basing my research assignment solely on women. Completing this survey should take approx. 5-10 minutes of your time. I do not think you should experience any great inconvenience while completing this questionnaire, as it will be done at your convenience. If you are interested in having the results of this study sent to you by the time everything is analysed, you will be asked to provide a contact address for this purpose.

Would kind enough to share the result of your study?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:51:35 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Plastic Surgery Forum - Quick survey for my cosmetic surgery research?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
To participants, my name is Stefanie Sutic currently in yr 12 studying at Aquinas College located in Sydney Australia. I am undertaking an Individual Research Project (IRP) for subject “Community and Family Studies” (CAFS) and you are invited to participate in my research project. This simple survey will help me collect quantitative data. Please email these Questionnaires back to fefi_sutic@hotmail.com or PM me under subject line “SI Survey” by the 25th of February 2011 at the latest.

Now, this survey consists of two different questionnaires. The first one being for those who HAVE had cosmetic surgery [INSERTED SPAM LINK REMOVED] in the past, and the second for those who HAVE NOT. Both of these questionnaires are for women only however, as studies show that the majority of plastic surgery procedures are undertaken by women, thus I am basing my research assignment solely on women. Completing this survey should take approx. 5-10 minutes of your time. I do not think you should experience any great inconvenience while completing this questionnaire, as it will be done at your convenience. If you are interested in having the results of this study sent to you by the time everything is analysed, you will be asked to provide a contact address for this purpose.

Would kind enough to share the result of your study?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I find it distasteful for some Search Engine Optimizing company to come here and pose as a "student" to link spam an Australian Plastic Surgeon's site. A phrase from the original poster was tagged with a link to a Plastic Surgeon's site.

That link was removed and such behavior will not be tolerated in this forum. I can see no other purpose of this scam. Although I cannot promise that all such attempts to spoof the public will be caught, I will try.

The question becomes, should the Plastic Surgeon be reported and if so to whom and by whom? I am retired, but find such attempts at perverting the purpose of this site unacceptable.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Explore our Plastic Surgery Forum
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates