Author Topic: Otoplasty Forum - Long Term Follow Up After Otoplasty 5 Years Ago  (Read 4330 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
We had a patient come into the office for a long term follow up 5 years after otoplasty surgery. The deformity required a combination of Conchal Bowl Setback and Mustarde Antihelix Folding.

We have set up our office to help our patients heal and understand what their surgery has done for their ears with before surgery pictures around a series of mirrors to view the ears from the front and sides. Between the direct comparison and measurements validates the transformation. The mirror picture set up is part of our emotional healing process. For long term patients it can also be helpful.

His face lit up with pleasure as he realized what he really looked like before the surgery. We tend to forget how we looked and careful documentation helps remind what has been done. "I forgot what my ears were like!" is a common statement when given the opportunity to see the before pictures.

We really do enjoy when our patients share with us their long term surgery results and how my sculpture has changed their lives.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything