Author Topic: Scar Revision Forum - Revising Gynecomastia Surgery Scars  (Read 5606 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Scar Revision Forum - Revising Gynecomastia Surgery Scars
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:25 AM »
I do a great deal of Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. Two revisions today came from Illinois and Texas unhappy with surgery done first there by other surgeons. Here is an example Revision Gynecomastia Surgery For Problems by a New York Surgeon. Check out the areola edge scar. I find it amazing how large some surgeons make their incisions for this surgery. Scars cannot be erased, only replaced with new scars. Having to revise a very long scar seems sad when my patients normally have a scar a fraction of the size. In the NY case, the doctor did not even place the scar at the edge of the areola. In todays case, the other surgeon did the same thing, but with two surgeries, that doctor did not even go through the same incision. Hatch marks are from sutures left in too long. Removing both scars and the hatch marks made for a complex operation that I can only shake my head over why did the other surgeons do what they did.

Look for close up examples of a surgeons work for this particular surgery before chosing a doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything