Author Topic: FEELING HORRIBLE AFTER SURGERY 4 YEARS AGO.  (Read 6995 times)

Offline Shes_so_fly

• View Profile
FEELING HORRIBLE AFTER SURGERY 4 YEARS AGO.
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »
Good day all,

I had a breast reduction approx 5 years ago, and I regret it to this day! They way I feel, the way THEY look... EVERYTHING! The colors in my nipples never came back, yet it did in the areola, so it has this horrible marble look to it.  Not to mention, my nipples sit up WAY too high.  My breast are FLAT and very small.  I have lost all femininity and am so eager to get it back.  I have been told that "your breasts are NOT who YOU are", and I totally agree.  Still in all, I wish there was something I could do to fix are help repair this issue.  Is there anyone that has had this same issue, willing to discuss.  I am in DIER need of help!

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: FEELING HORRIBLE AFTER SURGERY 4 YEARS AGO.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »
Good day all,

I had a breast reduction approx 5 years ago, and I regret it to this day! They way I feel, the way THEY look... EVERYTHING! The colors in my nipples never came back, yet it did in the areola, so it has this horrible marble look to it.  Not to mention, my nipples sit up WAY too high.  My breast are FLAT and very small.  I have lost all femininity and am so eager to get it back.  I have been told that "your breasts are NOT who YOU are", and I totally agree.  Still in all, I wish there was something I could do to fix are help repair this issue.  Is there anyone that has had this same issue, willing to discuss.  I am in DIER need of help!

All surgery involves scars. The trick to this surgery is to optimize scars after surgery. Loss of pigmentation is part of the scar issue.

Large Breasts Come in all different sizes. What suits one person may not be fine for someone else. That is why taking time to understand the nature of this surgery and the skills of the particular surgeon can be so critical before the operation.

Nipples too high can be the result of surgeon's skills and also a Breast Reduction Complication called bottoming out where the breasts tissues sag below skin that stays suspended. That is why it is so critical to use the internal breast tissue to to support the sculpture as part of Breast Reduction Surgery Technique. The older skin suspending operations were notorious for causing such issues.

Once you get to the 5 post minimum you will be able to put up pictures to help others better understand your concerns.

Standard Breast Reduction Pictures For Women is a good starting point. Even more revealing would be Breast Reduction Videos which demonstrate how tissues move.

Revision options depend on many factors best explored during a consultation and evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Breast Reduction and Lift in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline ryan33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:15 AM »
After reading your comment Dr. Bermant I really got relax!
thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:41:07 AM by ryan33 »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
After reading your comment Dr. Bermant I really got relax!
thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

How did reading my post relax you? Are you about to have surgery? Have you already had surgery but had questions?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Breast Reduction in Women
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates