Author Topic: Male Chest Lift Forum - Lateral Chest lift  (Read 7189 times)

Offline jhowerto

• View Profile
Male Chest Lift Forum - Lateral Chest lift
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
I have a lot of sagging skin the lateral portion of my chest area, and a small amount in the front portion. When I lift the skin into the armpit area it yields a contour that is closer than I am looking for. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine a lateral chest lift with the incision hidden in the armpit and a internal short scar mastopexy? How much does the procedure cost?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:22:26 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Forum - Re: Lateral Chest lift
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »
I have a lot of sagging skin the lateral portion of my chest area, and a small amount in the front portion. When I lift the skin into the armpit area it yields a contour that is closer than I am looking for. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine a lateral chest lift with the incision hidden in the armpit and a internal short scar mastopexy? How much does the procedure cost?

After Weight Loss loose skin tends to collect around the entire body. Surgical options are a series of compromises of removing extra skin and scars from the removal access site. Low Nipples Look Strange on the Male Chest

I developed my Internal Male Chest Lift as an alternative for the man with limited loose skin but sagging nipples. Scars are limited to the areola, but no excess skin is removed. It is not useful when the excess skin is a significant component of the deformity. I do not know of any other surgeon offering this variation of surgery. Look for actual before and after surgery pictures to verify that a surgeon has done this operation in men.

A Skin Reduction Chest Lift better deals with loose skin of the male chest hiding the scars around the areola and under the pectoral muscle fold.

When excess skin continues under the arms and around the back, other skin reduction operations may work. It is a question about hiding the scars. I have seen horrible examples of other surgeons trying to put the skin removal scar in front of the armpit. The scar is obvious and patients came to me to see if I could improve that scar. Removing skin under the arm also has scar showing issues. Trying to hide the scar up high has the limitations of removing important sweat gland bearing skin. This can be attractive for someone with bad sweating problems, but is not a good option otherwise. Total upper body lifts extending all the way around the back also have scars that just do not look good.

Each person's problem is unique and options depend on the deformity to be treated. We are glad to help patients explore such issues during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel to Virginia. The in office sometimes is a better option for atypical loose skin issues.

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery Male Mastopexy Chest Lift varies depending on the degree of the problem. Jane is my office manager and can better discuss typical costs and fees.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates