Author Topic: Liposuction Forum - Liposuction Not Alternative for Global Fat Issues  (Read 5037 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Liposuction is a terrible tool when someone has global fat contour issues. The regions contoured may be improved, but never look as good as starting with weight loss first. Much more of an issue is the nearby areas not suctioned can then look bizarre and disproportionate. I saw something like this statue from a museum on a patient who had liposuction then a tummy tuck and still was not happy.

She came to me for a Revision Tummy Tuck discussion. However, the global issues had not been managed and if she were to then lose weight after my revision, there most likely would be new loose skin. In general, weight loss before surgery is better than weight loss after. Losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic Surgery is better for refinement. In her case she had 2 refinements and yet to have worked on the coarse component. Surgery at this point would be a compromise.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:39:10 PM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Liposuction Forum - Liposuction Not Alternative to Global Fat Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:58:05 AM »
This statue has an unusual added component of her problem. The surgeon doing the tummy tuck left a good deal of loose skin of the central and upper belly. Like the statue, she had a shelving edge.

Oh, and yes, images can be attached to posts here once members reach our minimum number of posts.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything