Author Topic: Weight Loss Forum - Lost 40kg, want to lose 20-30 more - Lots of Loose Skin  (Read 4443 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi,

My Name is -, im 20 in jun and I have recently just jost 40kg (in the past 6 months) and I would like to lose 20-30 more.
Losing wight I can do on my own but I have flabby skin everywhere
I was wondering if you were able to give me a ball mark price on how much it would be for my stomach, legs and arms and possibly a boobs lift.

If you could please let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?  40 kilograms is quite an achievement.

Getting to a weight / body fat before considering surgery is important.  Weight loss is a coarse tool.  You cannot pick where the fat comes from or goes back onto.  Surgery is better reserved as a refinement tool. If planning to lose weight after surgery, what makes you think that the skin will shrink?  If it is going to shrink, it is better to get to a weight you are happy with before surgery.  Then surgery can refine what does not happen naturally.

After weight loss, the skin can take some time to adjust further.  Depending on many factors, this further adjustment can take 6 to 18 months.  Being patient can help, but does stress the mind for some.  Body Contouring Clothing after Weight Loss can act as an emotional bandaid, stabilizing loose tissues.  I have seen some amazing expressions on patients' faces when putting on a compression garment for the first time.  With time the problem can evolve for some. 

Surgery after massive weight loss can take many forms.  Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty addresses the stomach and flanks.  Others need a more extensive Lower Body Lift Surgery that addresses sagging tissues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, and legs.  Others need female breast lift or male chest lift surgery.

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  A Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the stomach. Usually, the skin alone is not the only problem. However, each sculpture is unique and different bodies react to weight loss in different ways. This is something that is not easily demonstrated on standing up photographs or when the muscles are flexed. These Standard Pictures can show the degree of loose skin of the stomach and abdomen. However, the in office exam better demonstrates loose tissue issues.

Not all tummy tuck operations are the same. How tissues move is so important in this matter and still photos just do not do justice to the problem nor the quality of the solution. That is why I use Tummy Tuck Movies to better demonstrate such issues. When a tummy tuck looks good in animation, that the quality of a good sculpture. Beyond that there is what path someone needs to take to get there. The Tumescent Tummy Tuck is rather unusual in comfort after surgery and recovery. Many of my patients tell me that just plain Tylenol is enough to maintain their comfort after surgery. Check out the recovery Bruising and Swelling After Tumescent Tummy Tuck to see what I mean. A Belly Dancer is an athlete using exquisite control of stomach muscles. Check out the Recovery of the Rectus Muscle Function After Tummy Tuck to see the fine muscle control recovery documentation. Then check out the Patient Experiences with Tummy Tuck to listen to the emotion behind the surgical experiences.

This is surgical sculpture and one that needs to look good on animation, flexing, and moving about living life. Beyond that each method has its own recovery issues.

We are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion. That is what our patients use to minimize travel to Virginia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates