Author Topic: Tummy Tuck Forum - Why Are Some Scars So High? I want to wear a bikini!  (Read 15095 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I would like a tummy tuck but do not want my scar so high that I cannot wear a bikini. Some doctor's pictures after surgery seem to have the scars so high that the belly looks terrible! Others show two piece bathing suits that almost come up to the belly button. Before my 2 kids I had a great body that has not seen the light of day with all of my loose hanging skin. Why are some scars so high on the stomach?

Loose Stomach Skin needs an exit point during tummy tuck surgery. Hiding it down low in the groin has the advantage of being able to hide the scar even with modest clothing. Putting the scar low has increased technical difficulty, that is why it is so critical to see what that doctor's techniques has to offer.

Here you can see graphic Pictures during Tummy Tuck Surgery where this skin is removed. The old belly button attachment to the skin hole then gets pulled down and is usually removed with the excess skin. The old stalk of belly button is then brought out through a new hole. Checking how this scar looks is also a part of the art of this sculpture. Be sure to check out the Belly Button Scar Picture Gallery too, this shows even in modest bathing suits!

There are many references on my site about wearing a bikini after tummy tuck, here is just one of them in a video about that patient's experiences and recovery after surgery. Here are other Patient Experiences wearing a Bikini After Tummy Tuck. Listening to the actual patient's emotions about the clothing is the best way I know to document the changes in clothing this surgery offers when done by the right sculptor. Checking just what your surgeon actually offers, how the tissues move, and experiences are all part of picking the right surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline miaxx

• View Profile
My c-section scar was raised and stayed for a long time. It made me self conscious.. I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff you get at CVS, but it didn’t really work. . I used this cream SPAM REMOVED scars for around 3 weeks and have seen a difference in the texture as it has lightened that portion to a great extent. After doing tremendous researches , I finally looked forward in buying this product.. I may use it further more to complete the course because I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time. Consult the website if you want any more details
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:43:15 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
My c-section scar was raised and stayed for a long time. It made me self conscious.. I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff you get at CVS, but it didn’t really work. . I used this cream SPAM REMOVED scars for around 3 weeks and have seen a difference in the texture as it has lightened that portion to a great extent. After doing tremendous researches , I finally looked forward in buying this product.. I may use it further more to complete the course because I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time. Consult the website if you want any more details

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Poster from Pakistan was banned for spam. How can you trust someone who writes such drivel without proof?

Our patient's  Scar Care was a critical component of their education. This included both massaging therapy with a scar care cream topical as well as After Surgery Compression Garments, both Stage 1 Compression Gynecomastia Garments and Stage 2 Gynecomastia Garments were critical to achieve the results seen on my many pages. We chose our garments specific to the anatomy of what was sculpted. While originally we let our patients choose if getting a Stage 2 garment, the results were so much better for those using the Stage 2 that we made that garment mandatory for all of our male breast reduction patients.

Look for proof that something really works, not some personal attestations posted by some link spam service. We would love to see some proof by any company of specific critical analysis that their product is superior to others using a technique like our How to Evaluate Before After Pictures.

This has been discussed before in other posts here such as Welcome to our Forum on Scarring, Scar Care, And Scar Revision Plastic Surgery and Scar Care Forum - Hype vs. Proof Which Scar Care is Better?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:26:05 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates