Author Topic: Erbium/YAG laser causes dry eye syndrome?  (Read 3881 times)

Offline aspasia

• View Profile
Erbium/YAG laser causes dry eye syndrome?
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
About 3 yrs ago I had a facial Erbium laser skin treatment. The next morning @ 5:30 a.m. I awoke with my eyelids stuck to my eyeballs. Had never had dry eyes before nor had I ever heard of it or used eye drops. I've gone to a half dozen ophthalmologists and have taken Restasis (3 months), Polysporin, Lotomax, Azacite and a bunch of over-the-counter products, plus lots of Omega 3 and ground Flax Seeds and around-the-clock humidifier and now a nighttime eye goggle. The first year was horrible; now 3 years later it's somewhat short of horrible but getting worse overall. Initially the discomfort was only at night, then it started spreading out to the day, now pretty much 24 hours. The ophthalmologists don't focus on the "cause" but I feel that if they don't understand what happened, then they won't be able to treat it. Does anyone know how the erbium treatment might have caused this condition? Could it be injury to the glands, the eyelid? Any recommendations as to what I could do that might help. Thank you.

Offline aashley

• View Profile
Re: Erbium/YAG laser causes dry eye syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »
yes some time they have side effects but i think the doctor would have advised some of the effects and the way to get rid of them