Author Topic: Rhinoplasty Nasal Obstruction Forum - Injured Nose 6 years ago & cant breath  (Read 4729 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I was hit in the nose with a golf club roughly 6 years, at the time it was bleeding for a while but eventually stopped and never went to the hospital. Every since then my nose as been blocked I can breath a little bit through my nostrils but not much. Not matter how much a blow my nose it doesn't seem to do much at all. My stem in the middle is very bumpy and I am quite sure I have done some damage, but is it to late to do anything now?

Thanks

I no longer offer Nasal Surgery, my practice has evolved and specialized in other directions.

Nasal Fracture can involve external and or internal bones and cartilage. Damage or injury to the middle wall inside of the nose can lead to obstruction or blockage. Septoplasty or Straightening of Deviated Septum can take many different forms. The cartilage structures are fickle and have a mind of their own with healing. Surgery is often an option, but you are looking for someone who has expertise in this aspect of care. When nasal deformities exist on both the outside and inside of the nose, fixing them both together is smarter than correcting the septum to the deformed outer structures.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates