Author Topic: Reduction Otoplasty Forum - Reducing Big Earlobes Travel from Mississippi  (Read 4052 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Greetings Doctor Bermant,

I am in need of an ear lobe reduction procedure. My residence is in Mississippi; I found your practice online and basically you appear to be the best out there because you seem to accomplish the task of communicating more technical information associated with ear surgery into layman's terms for patients. It looks like you do more ear procedures, and are more experienced. I would like for you to do my ear surgery before you retire.

After the surgery, will there be stitches that need to be removed at a later date? If so could my wife remove them at home?

Thank you, and advanced congrats on your retirement,

Earlobe Reduction Surgery can be a component of Macrotia Ear Reduction Otoplasty or done by itself. When done alone, it is usually for long ear lobes that are out of proportion to the rest of the ear. When all components are balanced, reducing the lobe alone makes for a strange shape ear and like a forked tongue, although possible to do, something I do not offer.

Follow up is normally in my office about 6 to 10 days after surgery. I can sometimes use only dissolvable sutures, but for fine skin approximation of the earlobe, I sometimes need very fine removable sutures that are better removed by myself with magnification and delicate instruments.

We do see patients from Mississippi and around the world who prefer my techniques and are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion where we evaluate images and details from forms you complete and have a discussion by phone. Tentative surgery can then be set up. Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Thank you for your comments about my ear sculpture and plans for retirement. I take great pride in the surgical art I offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything