Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - New Resource Introduction to Gynecomastia  (Read 12515 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Check out our new Introduction to Gynecomastia. This resource combines essential details about male breasts, definition of gynecomastia, symptoms, testing, and treatment in one page full of resources. Key to all of our pages here is our new

Floating Forum Navigation that changes from section to section. The new gynecomastia tools provide one of the largest collections of information, pictures, movies, and experiences available about this condition, diagnosis, and treatment options.

Learn about these new tools and resources. Join our forum to share your experiences, ask questions and help others.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:08:51 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gynecomastia Forum - New Resource Introduction to Gynecomastia
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »
Gynecomastia Pictures is another important new resource about photos, images, and movies of the male chest. Dr. Bermant evolved his techniques of documenting this condition over the years. It is amazing how terrible results can be hidden with a few still pictures. He saw so many patients asking for help after surgery done elsewhere. In person the results were as the patient complained, something they did not feel comfortable taking their shirts off in public. The unhappy patients did not care how something looked in a journal, they wanted to look good on the beach, swimming, playing sports, and living their lives.

Learn about standard views for the variations of gynecomastia, drooping skin, and scarring after surgery. See how videos are even more critical of the results. Just how good are a doctor's before and after surgery pictures? Those are some of the issues Dr. Bermant tries to tackle with this resource. It is also a map to a massive collection of galleries of Dr. Bermant's gynecomastia sculpture.

Then if you want to post your pictures here, learn how to show others what your chest looks like. For those losing weight, learn how to take pictures to document your progress.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:49:19 PM »
Gynecomastia Pictures is another important new resource about photos, images, and movies of the male chest. Dr. Bermant evolved his techniques of documenting this condition over the years. It is amazing how terrible results can be hidden with a few still pictures. He saw so many patients asking for help after surgery done elsewhere. In person the results were as the patient complained, something they did not feel comfortable taking their shirts off in public. The unhappy patients did not care how something looked in a journal, they wanted to look good on the beach, swimming, playing sports, and living their lives.

Learn about standard views for the variations of gynecomastia, drooping skin, and scarring after surgery. See how videos are even more critical of the results. Just how good are a doctor's before and after surgery pictures? Those are some of the issues Dr. Bermant tries to tackle with this resource. It is also a map to a massive collection of galleries of Dr. Bermant's gynecomastia sculpture.

Then if you want to post your pictures here, learn how to show others what your chest looks like. For those losing weight, learn how to take pictures to document your progress.

Our Gynecomastia Pictures resource was updated to better discuss evaluating pictures seen on forums, the internet, and in doctor's offices.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Gynvic

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
Hey Dr. Bermant, can you explain to me how to properly post a picture? I tried going to click the image button and then copy and paste the image in between the image text. I also tried the help and search tools but have unsuccessfully not been able to post a picture.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
Hey Dr. Bermant, can you explain to me how to properly post a picture? I tried going to click the image button and then copy and paste the image in between the image text. I also tried the help and search tools but have unsuccessfully not been able to post a picture.

This forum is set up to minimize the spam advertisers plaguing the internet yet reward those who contribute to the public education. Unless you have 5 posts, linking is not permitted unless it is to another post on this site. After this minimum number of posts, links are permitted to other web sites but they are disabled to not actually work unless you copy the code and paste it in a browser. After the next level there are real links but labeled by for the search engines as not yet reliable content to search engine optimize. Once you have achieved the highest level of participation here, the links are without limits.

For those wanting to post images I can manually enable their profiles to bypass that restriction as I just did for yours. Now you should be able to take a valid URL of an image that shows up in a browser such as:

http://www.abodybeautiful.com/forum/images/california_gynecomastia_64_5.jpg

Select that entire line, then go to the far left button in the second row (rollover will say Insert Image), select that and you get:

an image right in line. A link to your post works, when you have the right to do so since it is on this site:

http://www.abodybeautiful.com/forum/index.php/topic,367.msg445.html

I like making my links easier to read and use the following code:

Experiences with Dr. Bermant.

Other buttons and tools for posting help can be found here:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Basic_bulletin_board_codes

but that is getting complex now. The second button is supposed to be the URL button, but it does not work for me. Instead of trying to figure it out, I just manually paste my template form into my post and go from there.

There is another way to get images attached. At the bottom of the typing window for making a post is Attachments and other options. This will permit you to put a file up from your computer to the forum with restrictions. There is a max of 4 such attachments per post. The images show up small, but you can click on them to see them at a larger size.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
I just found that posting images from ImageShack can look good when selecting their

I used the Embed thumbnails of this image, and selected Forum the first option code. I pasted that code on the post and that alone worked.

In this forum, you will need to have contributed at least 5 posts before a link can be used.

Other options may work, but full images flow beyond the borders of the forum and look not as good.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:55:52 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates