Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - How do I pick a gynecomastia surgeon?  (Read 11209 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
How do I pick a gynecomastia surgeon?

How to Choose Your Gynecomastia Surgeon is such a major topic that I wrote an entire resource dedicated to the process. Pictures should also play an important role in this selection process: How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Photographs. Unfortunately, I have seen many unhappy patients after surgery done elsewhere that did not have the option to see just what their doctor's skills were like before surgery. Limited examples, missing views, changed lighting, and many other factors make this a critical examination. Know what you are getting into is much better than gambling with the unknown.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Very useful to see photos, but there aren't very many  :(

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Very useful to see photos, but there aren't very many  :(

Actually you did not follow the links where you can view thousands of before, during, and after gynecomastia surgery. The links can bring you to one of the largest resources about this surgery. Here is but one of the many

Gynecomastia Before and After Surgery Picture Gallery that are listed on that resource page.

Here is another: Pictures Bruising Swelling and Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
You are quite welcome!

Also, welcome to our forum and discussion group.  Check out the Floating Navigation Bar Resources at the bottom of each page. It changes for each section with tools and resources to make learning easier.

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Yes, I saw that... very cool :-)

Offline harris2012

• View Profile
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - How do I pick a gynecomastia surgeon?
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 04:22:18 AM »

newbielink:http://www.abodybeautiful.com/gynecomastia_forum/gynecomastia_surgeon.htm [nonactive] is such a major topic that I wrote an entire resource dedicated to the process. Pictures should also play an important role in this selection process: newbielink:http://www.abodybeautiful.com/gynecomastia_forum/gynecomastia_pictures.html [nonactive]. Unfortunately, I have seen many unhappy patients after surgery done elsewhere that did not have the option to see just what their doctor's skills were like before surgery. Limited examples, missing views, changed lighting, and many other factors make this a critical examination. Know what you are getting into is much better than gambling with the unknown.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html [nonactive]

You need to know these three important things:
Qualifications
Patient testimonial
Before and after surgery photos.
For more information you can check Link Spam Removed
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:39:17 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - How do I pick a gynecomastia surgeon?
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »

How to Choose Your Gynecomastia Surgeon is such a major topic that I wrote an entire resource dedicated to the process. Pictures should also play an important role in this selection process: How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Photographs. Unfortunately, I have seen many unhappy patients after surgery done elsewhere that did not have the option to see just what their doctor's skills were like before surgery. Limited examples, missing views, changed lighting, and many other factors make this a critical examination. Know what you are getting into is much better than gambling with the unknown.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Qualifications
Patient testimonial
For more information you can check Link Spam Removed

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I certainly think that another way to choose your doctor is to avoid someone desperate enough to hire link spammers to plaster in forums content that has nothing to do with the topic. The Link Name was Gynecomastia India and had not one item about Gynecomastia the problem nor the surgical treatment. Instead it was to a page about liposuction which by itself can be a disaster for management of this condition. These are extensive discussions about liposuction alone failures for gynecomastia:

Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Will Liposuction Remove Gland?

and

Gynecomastia Forum - Does Sharp Cutting Liposuction Remove Gland?.

The Link Spamming Service did not even link to the "surgeon's" gynecomastia page. When I looked, not one before and after picture about gynecomastia. That should be a clue alone by itself. The spammer also posted how inexpensive their surgery was, but again, not one example of before after male breast reduction surgery?!Perhaps that is why they linked to a liposuction page? The poster mentioned:

Qualifications

I looked but was confused. Board certified by who? What societies did the doctor belong to? Learn  How to Pick Plastic Surgeon and review qualifications, organizations and critical details.

Patient testimonial
Found none about gynecomastia.

Found none.

For more information you can check
Link was to a FAQ about liposuction, not about gynecomastia nor how to pick surgeon.

Use our tools to learn about such advertising. Compare someone's claims to expertise with How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon. Empower yourself with the tools to prevent becoming another unhappy individual like the examples I have shown. Knowledge is power. Look beyond verbal games and hype. See how the tissue moves and what the results look like living life.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates