Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - How Much Will Surgery Hurt? Why So Much Pain?  (Read 6882 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
How much will surgery hurt? How come some posts by some doctors' patients complain of so much pain?

Comfort after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, degree of injury, bruising, how your heal, and many other factors.  My patients typically tell me that they feel like they just had a heavy workout.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

If you want less pain, make the surgery less damaging. Document that damage by monitoring swelling, bruising, and medication. I have evolved my Dynamic Technique to minimize bruising, swelling, and discomfort that I am able to post very early after surgery pictures.  Check out typical healing and comfort after my surgery here and look at this typical Bruising and Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery Gallery.

In response to your question of other doctors' patients, you need to investigate their progression of tissues after surgery. Do not assume that what you see on my site is what someone gets elsewhere. Look for their documentation of injury and progression of tissue. Find out just how much medication that technique required for comfort. I perform a great deal of revision surgery and it is very common for my patients to tell me that they were so much more comfortable after my surgery than what they had before.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates