Author Topic: Reduction Otoplasty Forum - Macrotia Ear Deformity Payment Plans & Options  (Read 4209 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I've had your website saved under my favorites for a couple of years now. My name is -, I'm 20 years old, about to be 21 next month. I'm really bothered by my ears, I feel like they are too large and are very prominent when compared to my face. I do not know of any other surgeon who performs macrotia reduction surgery and I saw on your website that you are retiring which kind of freaked me out because I was hoping you would do my surgery when I had saved up the money and worked up the courage. I just recently started saving money as I got a part-time job that is allowing me to do so, so I do not have an adequate amount of funds as of yet to truly book a surgery. My question is - do you have a financing plan for your surgeries so this could be a viable option for me before your retirement? If there isn't such an option, do you have any recommendations for plastic surgeons who also perform macrotia reduction surgery? Thank you so much for your time and congratulations on your plans for retirement, although I wish you were still working!

Thank you for your kind words about my retirement planned for 8/31/11.

Macrotia Ear Reduction Surgery is an art form, not all doctors have the same skills nor use the same techniques. Big ears come in many different forms. Options depends on the specific deformity.

Jane is my office manager and can better discuss typical fees and payment options.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Sorry I do not have a recommendation. In evaluating other possible surgeons, you need to look for actual examples of their work to see just what is the caliper of their sculpture for reducing the ear. I built this forum for patients and doctors to explore options, exchange ideas, and demonstrate skills. Consider posting your images here. Perhaps surgeons that I have never heard of have examples they will consider sharing to demonstrate their abilities with this problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates