Author Topic: Nasal Fracture Forum - Who Should Evaluate Nasal Trauma?  (Read 3990 times)

Offline DrBermant

  • Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Nasal Fracture Forum - Who Should Evaluate Nasal Trauma?
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »
My son is 4 he has a tiny little bump on the top/side of this nose. He said he feel on the trampoline and hit it. It's not really noticeable. But you can feel it. It feels like bone. I took him to his regular doctor and she just said to keep an eye on it. Should we take it any farther? Or just leave it alone?

Sorry, I am no longer offering medical treatment for this condition.

Nasal Fractures are best evaluated by someone who actually can treat the problem. This usually means a Plastic Surgeon or an Otolaryngologist who has a passion for nasal trauma, not an ER physician or primary care doctor. Early treatment can be critical to minimize deformity and not all physicians have the skill to recognize what needs to be treated. One main factor is if there has been a septal hematoma. When missed, the results can be devastating. If the doctor did not even examine inside the nose, then that doctor should not be offering advice that nothing should be done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates