Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty Surgery - Unhappy After Surgery Done 1.5 Years Ago  (Read 3211 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you with regards to ear surgery for your thoughts and hopefully for your services.

I underwent otoplasty approx 1 and a half years ago for an insecurity I had from young… and I truly wish I never!

I have attached pictures before the operation was carried out and pictures taken from today.

My left ear was completely fine, perhaps some sort of rim augmentation would have made it perfect, however I had it pinned! Looking back I truly don’t know what I was thinking and now I have been left with a very small gimped ear.
My right ear ‘stuck out’ a lot more from the top compared to the left ear. After surgery I’ve been left with a very sharp and completely different looking ear. Ideally I would like Helix augmentation to try and give the ears a more natural and symmetrical shape.

If you could give me some feedback with regards to surgery options, your availability and typical costs taking all procedures into consideration it would be much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Revison Otoplasty Surgery options depend on the original problem, what was done, skill of the surgeon, scarring, and many other factors.

You are also welcome to post your pictures here in this forum for others to better understand your concerns. In the forum, I can post general issues. We are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or our Preliminary Remote Discussion.  where we use our Standard Otoplasty Pictures, forms, and a review of your prior operative report to better understand what is going on. If interested, Jane is my office manager and can better discuss the process, what time we have available, and typical Otoplasty Surgery Costs.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates