Author Topic: Gynecomastia and Fat Forum - Recurrence With Weight Gain After Surgery in Canada  (Read 5559 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi I had gyno operation last year in vamcouver canada everything was fine till I put on alot of weight And I have got fat on my chest again if I come to you would you be able to help me please I heard that you are really good at what you do. Thanks

Thank you for your kind words about my surgical sculpture and passion for education.

Sorry, Gynecomastia Surgery Does Not Prevent Recurrence. Unless the doctor removed all of the fat between the skin and the muscle, fat cells remain behind. Those fat cells will still tend to collect the fat as is their nature: men put fat first on the belly and chest. We take it off those regions last. Have surgery, put on body fat, and you will have breasts again. That is just how Male Body Fat Distribution works.

If your weight gain was all muscle and you cut down body fat, you could look like you had a recurrence. I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. A common complaint is as they put on muscle mass, what sits on top of the muscle just gets pushed out further. That is why I prefer to target gland first with my Dynamic Technique.

I see many Gynecomastia Patients from Canada and around the world who prefer my techniques and am glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or our Preliminary Remote Disucssion. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates