Author Topic: Revision Gynecomastia Forum - 7 Revisions in New Jersey, Help Find New Surgeon  (Read 3892 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dr. Bermant,

I've recently seen your videos and such regarding gynecomastia problems after surgery. I've had problems after my gynecomastia surgery, but I don't know if you would call it crater deformity. The biggest problem is on the left side, where I have a crease that runs approximately from the center of my chest and leftward through the left nipple. On the right side, it's not as bad, although it still doesn't look great.

I've had several revisions following my original surgery in 2006 (seven on the left side and at least three on the right--I've lost track--most recently in February, 2011--all by the same surgeon), but none of these have corrected the problem.

I understand that you are retiring in August. Can you please refer me to a plastic surgeon in New Jersey that might understand this problem as well as you do?

I've been very unhappy with the results of my multiple surgeries and I'm hoping there is someone that can actually help me. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Regards and thank you,

Seven revisions and it still does not look good?! That is a sad story. Yes, I am retiring 8/31/11 and that puts your problem well outside of anything I could help with surgically - if there remains any surgical options. Tissues do take time to evolve and it can take 6 months or longer to see results. You are not alone asking for help after New Jersey Gynecomastia Surgery. That is just a small collection of the requests I have gotten in the past few years.

Some bad gynecomastia surgery complications have no current revision options as this Extended Crater Deformity After Failed Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. His problem also began with bad surgery in New Jersey. There was a fix after the first operation and he came to me for that help. Unfortunately his gynecomastia was not stable and he was referred for Endocrinology stabilization. He then tried to stay closer to home for his revision surgery and what you see on that page was the result of that New York surgeon's revision. The failure is one of animation, how it looks in real life. Just look at still photos with arms at the side and before and after images do not look that bad. But flex the muscles, lift the arms up overhead and the extend of the defect can be seen. Watching the video on that page further demonstrates how disfiguring such bad surgery can look while playing sports or just flexing muscles in front of a mirror.

That is part of the problem. When a surgeon demonstrates the problem / solution in limited views like a front / side / oblique, that is not enough to see what things are really like. To assist the public on my retirement (and to continue to stimulate the evolution of the field of gynecomastia surgery in general), I am evolving resources. My How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures helps better understand the nature of what you need to look at to understand problems of the male chest and possible solutions. If the person claiming solutions does not show all of the views of my Standard Revision Gynecomastia Pictures or even for further refinement Gynecomastia Videos, you are taking a gamble.

When using our How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon resource, you are looking for a surgeon who demonstrates that skill in particular for revision surgery. If they do not show success documentation as described, you are gambling.

Why not consider joining our group and posting your images of the problem now so others can better understand your concerns?  Let me know, and I can waive the minimum number of posts so you can put your photos up. Even better, if you have before surgery pictures, put them up here too. Then evaluate the tools and try to make them better. Over the years, my meticulous documentation and analysis helped evolve my surgical technique. That will end with my retirement, but with tools in place, there is a possibility for further improving what is available elsewhere. Over the years, what I thought had no options for revision changed as I built tools to achieve what I demonstrate on my site. With surgeons having the same passion and critical evaluation tools, hopefully the field will continue to advance. However, be careful not all surgeons have the same skills. Not seeing just what a surgeon offers can lead you to yet another failed revision.

Although I would not be available for a revision surgery, I still might be of value in evaluation of the current deformity and offering my opinion of options with current technology. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything