Author Topic: Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery Forum - Pain and Blurred Vision Help  (Read 4233 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
DEAR DR,
I AM LIVING IN GEORGIA AND ONE MONTH AGO HAD BILATERAL LOWER LID REPAIR.
I AM STILL IN GENUINE BAD PAIN AND MY VISION IS NOW TOTALLY BLURRED.\

THE SURGEON THAT DID THE CORRECTION WILL NO LONGER TREAT ME AS HE BELIEVES ALL IS PEFECT.

AT THIS POINT I AM LOOKING FOR A NURSING HOME AS I AM TERRIFIED OF LIVING ALONE AND BEING BLIND.  I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE PAIN BUT DO NOT WISH TO TAKE OPIATES.

IN ESSENCE,  I AM LOST AND AM GIVING UP.  THERE'S A LOT LIFE IN THIS OLD GAL,  BUT IT HAS DISSAPATED SINCE THIS AND NO HELP TO BOOT.
ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?
I LIVE IN - GA .  THAT IS 3 HOURS FROM ATLANTA.
MANY THANKS,

Sorry, my practice has further evolved and I am no longer offering this procedure nor advice about it.

Blepharoplasty eyelid surgery does not normally leave patients in pain especially something enough to consider opiates. In fact, I did not prescribe strong pain medication for my eyelid patients such that if any did develop discomfort they would call me so I could intervene.

Blurred vision can be a short term Risk of Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery when swelling, injury, or medications interfere with the transparency of the cornea.

Sorry, this is an issue best address by the operating physician or someone who can examine the problem and review what was done. Staff at a nursing home should be able to help get someone to another eye surgeon for a second opinion if needed. If not, a local emergency room can be a resource when other avenues are not available. Having copies of your doctor's records both operating room and progress notes can be very valuable when evaluating such situations for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything