Author Topic: Rhinoplasty Forum - Sad State of The Search Engine Results for Rhinoplasty  (Read 4905 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I just got a request to pay to have an advertisement on a website.
Our site is one of the most authoritative in the field of rhinoplasty. Just google "rhinoplasty" and you will see - the top 5.

I looked at their site, the content was minimal, but there were advertisements there for surgeon's practices and other ads.

Now I stopped offering Rhinoplasty Nasal Surgery quite some time ago and my site has not been updated for quite some time. However, I became astonished as to what Google was listing up there high for ranking. The sites had little to no content. Many were Search Engine Optimized advertisement yellow pages to pay to get listed offering minimal content. What has google done for picking sites of value?! There is no question, I need to update the code and organization of my material, but what is on my site dwarfs the content of what I saw for quality of pubic education and material. These web optimizing Yellow Page pay for llstings have gotten the better of some of the search engines getting their promoting material up on the listings and yet offer no content other than some search engine optimization? That is a sorry state for how the market is moving. I can certainly understand listing Surgery Society limited content material, but even those sites typically offer only a page or two of detail. At last count I had over 60 pages of information on many patients.

As I get time, I will be integrating that revised section into this forum so the pubic has a place to discuss their options, how to pick a surgeon. how to evaluate nasal pictures and much more.

No I do not plan on paying for placement in that pathetic site. But it has stimulated me to act to protect the public with better sources of information.

I am looking for potential partners in this project sharing a passion for public education and protecting us from the predators out there preying on content sites and replacing them with such poor quality material.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline johnnortredamme

• View Profile
Re: Rhinoplasty Forum - Sad State of The Search Engine Results for Rhinoplasty
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:07:56 PM »
Yes there is not enough good content out there sometimes. But I think as Google gets more advanced this will take care of itself.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Rhinoplasty Forum - Sad State of The Search Engine Results for Rhinoplasty
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
Yes there is not enough good content out there sometimes. But I think as Google gets more advanced this will take care of itself.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Actually the many pages of my rhinoplasty section did come up quite nicely from google searches before the dishonest web optimization companies started spamming the internet with content worthless crap using fake tactics to promote their drivel such as forcing others to link to their sites in return for patient referrals and such.

Yet, I agree, my old rhinoplasty section needs to be reformatted to newer html code and organization. Perhaps some day.

Welcome to our forum!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates