Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Recommendations for Surgeon For Chicago Illinois Surgery  (Read 4762 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Good day Dr. Michael Bermant,

I have come across your sight a few times over the years whenever I get a strong urge to correct my slight Gynecomastia (Puffy Nipples) through corrective surgery. I have decided that I will be definitely be preparing myself for surgery this Winter. I was already mentally preparing a trip to Richmond and everything when, while browsing your site more than usual, i noticed you are retiring this August.

First and foremost congratulations. Second, is there a chance i can be provided a short list of surgeons whom you would trust would perform the procedure up to your stringent standards? I am living in Chicago currently and would be great if there is a Chicago surgeon, if not I am prepared to travel anywhere in the continental US for the right doctor. 

I have attached images of my chest/nipples to show the extent of the problem. During puberty a hard round lump was under each of my nipples and was extremely sore to the touch for a few months after which the hard ball dissipated but my nipples have been puffy ever since. I am 24 years old now, soon to turn 25 it is about time I treated this.

Let me know at your convenience if you have any advice and doctor references.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

I see many Gynecomastia Patients from Illinois and around the world who prefer my techniques. Sorry, my retirement does not fit your window for surgical planning.  We still have surgical time available. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Regretfully, I do not know of someone who is using my methods to document the problem and results nor use my Gynecomastia Surgery Methodology of targeting the gland first. When surgeons ask the public to believe results based on such limited images as 1 or 2 views of the chest, ignore how tissues look when living life, flexing muscles and moving arms, then having surgery done by them becomes a gamble. You do not really know what you are getting. I really feel that liposuction first followed by possible gland removal is a non-starting point. I have just seen too many unhappy patients from that order of surgery. So many in fact that I named the Puffy Nipple Complication for the deformity I was seeing from other doctors. Until I see better results with any other method, I would have a problem with another approach.

To that end I have been trying to educate the public about issues involved with understanding the Gynecomastia Male Chest Contour Deformity. I then built resources to Evaluate Pictures of the Male Chest & Gynecomastia Surgery Results, and then How To Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon.

This Gynecomastia Forum is an attempt to provide a blend of easy access resources in our floating navigation bar with a meeting place for those with this problem to share experiences, observations, demonstrate problems and results.

Like the tools I built over the years, I would expect these resources to evolve over time as techniques emerge and innovate surgeons and patients come up with better ideas. My goal was to build a living tool to better the world of male chest contouring for both the public and the surgeons who have a passion for documentation and showing they really have something better to offer. So I am referring people to a methodology of more critical analysis, better documentation of results, the paths it took to get there, and the documentation of the emotional component of this contour problem and solutions.

If interested, come join this effort to evolve what is available. No, with retirement I will not longer be offering my surgical sculpture, but perhaps the methodology can live on and even improve upon what I have done.

Let me know if you want to post your pictures here, I can waive the minimum post count to enable such pictures if you want to build this resource.

The best of luck on your efforts to get your chest sculpted and these issues behind you. The emotional relief my patients have expressed has been a source of great satisfaction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates