Author Topic: Male Mastopexy Gynecomastia Forum - Simultaneous Tummy Tuck Chest Lift Resources  (Read 4988 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello, this is user - from -.

You recently replied to my thread "So I'm scheduled for surgery... Just one small problem." (I would link to this thread, but do not know if your e-mail filters out letters containing links as potential spam, etc).

In your reply you mentioned that you could provide me additional resources/images/video/links to see the results of the operations I am looking at having.

Once again, the two options my surgeon has discussed with me are the circular donut around the areola with liposuction, or an additional vertical incision for greater freedom to remove skin.

If you could provide those resources for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you once again.

With my impending retirement, we have stopped offering tummy tuck and male mastopexy surgery. However, many still are asking for my specific advice and are still having consults to learn issues and discuss my expertise. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Here is a post that is right on target to your situation with links that demonstrate the issues involved.

Loose Skin After Weight Loss Addressing Chest with Mastopexy and Stomach with Tummy Tuck in one operation. I never offered both together. My chest lift patients use their stomach to help after surgery. My tummy tuck patients use their arms to recover. Combine both and the patient is really set for a challenge during recovery. In addition the chest tissues are not given a chance for the skin to equilibrate after the tummy tuck (which tends to pull the chest tissues down.) So I preferred to do the stomach first, let the tissues stabilize, and then do the chest.

You indicated that your surgeon was leaving it up to you to decide the extent of the surgery. Such issues are best explored by looking at that surgeon's examples of what they offer. If you cannot see such documentation, you are taking a gamble. This is a monster issue of compromises and skills that is not best left to chance.

Here is the page for surgery for excess skin of the male chest issue.

Another concern is the Star burst deformity from donut lift complication.

Check out our new Tummy Tuck Forums that integrate with our site.

Check out our new Gynecomastia Forum Introduction  that integrate with our site:

These resources demonstrate my skills and how my patients' tissues evolve. This is something like going to a museum and seeing a painting and then going to a local painter and asking them to paint for you. Unless you carefully examine what that painter does, do not expect to get something like what you saw at the museum. Surgeon skill and technique really play a key role in the result.

Good luck on your education about your options and planned surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything