Author Topic: Belly Button Surgery Forum - Fixing With Umbilicoplasty, Mini, or Tummy Tuck?  (Read 6247 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr. Bermant.

First of all, my name is -.  I just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming retirement.  I found your website maybe 2 years ago and I promised myself I was going to Richmond VA to get my belly button fixed.  Now that you are about to retire, I see that my time is very limited.  I have just a few questions.

I live in Philadelphia so the trip isn't so bad. However, would I call ahead to schedule a consultation and then schedule a surgery for another date or is this something that can be combined in one trip?

Sorry, with my retirement so soon, we are no longer booking Tummy Tuck surgery due to the extent of the sculpture and healing. We still are offering more limited belly button umbilicoplasty. In addition we are seeing many who, even if they know that I cannot offer surgery for that problem, are still requesting my specific advice about their problems.

To minimize travel, our patients start our with our Preliminary Remote Discussion. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Perhaps this question can only be answered after a consultation, but I am not sure if I would need a mini tummy tuck or just the umbilical surgery.  I am a pretty thin female and very soon after having my son 4 years ago I ended up smaller than I was beforehand by about 15 pounds.  I don't know, it's like I can't gain it back. But I have loose skin right around my belly button and that is it. No stretch marks anywhere else. Just in a circle around my belly button.  And the skin there is, well, stretched. So, I am not sure which procedure I would need.

Depending on which surgery I would need, I may or may not have enough within the next month.  Do you offer a payment plan?

Thank you for taking the time out to read this e-mail.  I do look forward to hearing from you.

Loose Skin of the Stomach can be a contributing factor in the shape of the belly button and abdominal wall. If that extra tissue is not addressed, that component of the belly button will not be improved. Tightening Skin Around Belly Button alone does not work.

A Mini Tuck can help with small amounts of loose skin and tighten muscles to a degree. This operation has such major limit for the loose skin that most of my patients have preferred my Tumescent Tummy Tuck which we have refined to amazing degrees of comfort and mobility after surgery as documented on my pages. Check the Recovery After Tummy Tuck issues and concepts.

Check out our new Tummy Tuck Forums that integrate with our site. You are welcome to explore this new forum and resources for individuals trying to learn options for their body contouring needs.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Umbilicoplasty Belly Button Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates