Author Topic: Reduction Otoplasty Forum - Help Finding Surgeon to Reduce Large Ears.  (Read 4081 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Due to the retirement, is there anyone that can do ear reshaping surgery  [not otoplasty pinback] ? 
I would like my ears to be smaller in size [as small as possible]  and more rounder. Most cosmetic doctors that I am aware of will only pin ears back without changing the size or shape of the ears. 

I would be interested in planning surgery toward the end of 2011/early 2012.

We still have surgical operative dates still available before my retirement. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Yes, you are quite right. Macrotia Ear Reduction Otoplasty is its own art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills nor use the same techniques. I have seen many patients who needed a reduction who instead had their ears brought back too close to the head in a misconceived attempt at throwing the wrong solution for a different problem.

You are looking for someone who has a passion for this variation of ear deformity. In addition, the surgeon should have a significant number of examples demonstrating their skills with this problem.

Learn how to evaluate Otoplasty Pictures, or for that matter how to post images here in this forum to help others understand your concerns.

I designed this forum as a sounding board, mutual help forum, and a place for doctors to demonstrate their skills and help others. Come join us and perhaps a surgeon will find you. This is not just about patient education, but surgeon education as well.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates