Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty Forum - Overfolded Ears from Denmark  (Read 3322 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Revision Otoplasty Forum - Overfolded Ears from Denmark
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:18:27 AM »
My name is - and I am from Denmark. I am 18 years old and I had otoplasty about ten years ago. I am satisfied with my left ear but my right ear's cartilage is very overfolded making it look completely different from my left ear and from its original shape. I would appreciate if you could give your perspective on this problem, which has become a huge part of my life.

best regards,
-
Iʼm looking forward to hearing from you.

You have been asking about your ears for quite some time. When you started on October of last year, we could have helped with this issue.

Dear Michael Bermant,

My name is - and I come from Denmark. I am 17 years old and I had otoplasty about ten years ago. I am satisfied with my left ear but my right ear's antihelix is very overfolded. It could be nice if you could give your perspective on this problem, which has become a huge part of my life.

An unnatural looking ear can be quite an embarrassment. You are not alone as you can see on this forum and this discussion about the Beautiful Looking Ear.

The Overfolded Ear Complication of Otoplasty can be quite difficult to repair. Options depend on the original problem, what was done, healing, and many other factors. At ten years, details of the surgery (operative report) may be difficult to get, but would be of major help in better understanding what was done.

Revision Otoplasty becomes an option when there are over correcting forces to release or there is some spacer to push out scarred cartilage. For my practice coming to a close and the fickle nature of cartilage changing shape over time, that is not surgery I am willing to offer at this late date.

However, this forum was built as a place for to show Otoplasty Pictures, discuss concerns, and attract surgeons with a passion like I had to address such deformities. I also have new resources just added on How to Pick Your Otoplasty Surgeon.

Consider posting your own images, details of your surgery, and what bothers you about your ears. Although retired, I have tried to plant the seeds for mutual help, support, and a discussion of options. Surgeons can demonstrate actual results of their techniques for management letting others better understand sculpting skills, success, and limitations.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything