Author Topic: Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Re: 3 gyno surgeries !!  (Read 11909 times)

Offline ntantar

• View Profile
Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Re: 3 gyno surgeries !!
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
 OK, so I've had 3 gyno surgeries so far, the first surgery did absolutely nothing! I think the surgeon just sucked surrounding fat around the tissue, the second one was almost perfect until scar tissue started forming and the third surgeries result was just a little less scar tissue(left side). My right side is flat, but when I put my arm to the side fat puffs out the side in between my chest and armpit( mind you I'm 6"1 8.9% body fat and 210 lbs) so Im not fat! I still cant walk around without a freaking shirt on because im self conscious about my now, not big, but deformed looking chest. All I want is a perfect chest and I don't understand if its my anatomy that's causing it to not work or if its the surgeon, I guess the good thing is that i can now where shirts comfortably, just not too tight like how i would like to wear them.It just plain sucks to put all this wrk in the gym and your nutrition, but its almost as if you have nothing to show for it. Im just glad I found a place where people can relate to what Im going through, sry to ramble on guys..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:03:40 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Gynecomastia Revision Forum - 3 gyno surgeries !!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »
OK, so I've had 3 gyno surgeries so far, the first surgery did absolutely nothing! I think the surgeon just sucked surrounding fat around the tissue, the second one was almost perfect until scar tissue started forming and the third surgeries result was just a little less scar tissue(left side). My right side is flat, but when I put my arm to the side fat puffs out the side in between my chest and armpit( mind you I'm 6"1 8.9% body fat and 210 lbs) so Im not fat! I still cant walk around without a freaking shirt on because im self conscious about my now, not big, but deformed looking chest. All I want is a perfect chest and I don't understand if its my anatomy that's causing it to not work or if its the surgeon, I guess the good thing is that i can now where shirts comfortably, just not too tight like how i would like to wear them.It just plain sucks to put all this wrk in the gym and your nutrition, but its almost as if you have nothing to show for it. Im just glad I found a place where people can relate to what Im going through, sry to ramble on guys..

Welcome to our forum. You are not rambling on. This is the place to express yourself and let others better understand how you feel.

Liposuction Does Not Remove Gland of Gynecomastia and there are many posts here already about this topic. That has been a common misconception and many have complained about that issue.

Really good surgery should look good both at rest and while living life. Flexing muscles compresses the tissues over the them. Fat compresses differently than gland or scar tissue. This is one of the mechanisms of the Puffy Nipple Complication. The cause can be gland left behind by inadequate surgery or how a patient heals. Scar tissue is quite difficult to distinguish from gland, they look alike in the operating room. Even the pathologists seem to have difficulty distinguishing the two. I have tried on several cases to review the slides with them over the years. That is why I work so hard on all of my patients for their Scar Care and After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garments.

This Second Stage Compression Garment looks good in the gym, hides most contour issues, but for my patients, it is a component of their scar care. Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.

I evolved my Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures to demonstrate just how tissues look with flexing and arms up overhead. My Standard Gynecomastia Videos are even more critical of such important contour issues.

Learn more how to Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures and post your own to let others better understand your concerns.

Options will depend on many factors.

Again welcome to our group.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Re: 3 gyno surgeries !!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:12 AM »
Humm, these sort of posts are what give me nightmares about my own project. 

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Re: 3 gyno surgeries !!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
Humm, these sort of posts are what give me nightmares about my own project.

That is why it can be so important to take the time to learn How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon and be more knowledgeable in How To Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures. . These can be critical resources in minimizing risk of surgery. It is great when we are lucky in out choices. It is better to use surgeons who are willing to demonstrate more of their skills before taking the plunge.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Re: 3 gyno surgeries !!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I agree with you, but the surgeon chooses which photos to present.  So even a doctor who shows many views, video, and so on is unlikely to show rubbish examples.

It seems to me that the presentation of a multiplicity of photos/views of previously performed procedures does not provide any more confidence than one with only a few.

Have I missed a point?

Best,

Joe 

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I agree with you, but the surgeon chooses which photos to present.  So even a doctor who shows many views, video, and so on is unlikely to show rubbish examples.

It seems to me that the presentation of a multiplicity of photos/views of previously performed procedures does not provide any more confidence than one with only a few.

Have I missed a point?

Best,

Joe

Members of the major Plastic Surgery Societies such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery require, as part of their ethics bylaws, that any member is required to show his / her patients typical results for their patients in their examples.

That is why putting up more complete results is more demanding of a surgeon's quality. With the more demanding criteria of animation and videos, that is what my patients typically look like and recover. Less thorough documentation still fits "ethical" guidelines, that is how it looks with muscles relaxed and arms not overhead, but they are not claiming their technique works well for such activities.

So if a doctor has typical rubbish results and does not show them, they can be censured or thrown out by such societies. That is why a surgeon having membership in such organizations is critical in their evaluation.

Is there anyone policing such an issue: yes, during the membership application process my websites were evaluated by other Plastic Surgeons. The neat thing is having spoken to the doctors evaluating my site afterwards was very interesting learning their thoughts. I know of no other policing done on such issues other than comments made to me over the years since then by other Plastic Surgeons.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Joe Haley

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
An additional point on this... you seem to be the only one talking about how to present results.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
An additional point on this... you seem to be the only one talking about how to present results.

Thank you.

Combine art with science and the result is sculpture with analysis. If you want a better result, make the analysis more critical and precise as we learn potential issues that are not shown well with limited views. Better surgeons strive for this perfection. I have only followed in the footsteps of my mentors, standing on their shoulders to achieve the heights I have aspired to. It is up to the public to demand such sculpture if they want it. Be less careful in analysis, and you may get results you were not hoping for.

That is the purpose of this forum, to have those eager to achieve more, and the public learn more to exchange ideas, methods, and issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything