Author Topic: Revision Tummy Tuck & Belly Button - Unhappy After Multiple Surgeries -Australia  (Read 5271 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
From a question asked of me over a year ago:
Hi, im from australia. i have had 2 tummy tucks and as a result i have no belly button just a large round scar. i have had 2 wonderful surgeons try and give me a new belly button on about 4 or 5 occasions with no luck. is there a suggestion you may have? i desperately want to look normal in a bikini!!!

The belly button can be the focal point of the abdomen. Deformity can be embarrassing and of major concern to those with a problem.

Sometimes revision surgery can help, it depends on the original problem, what was done, and how you healed. We see many patients from around the world who prefer my techniques and are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or preliminary remote package (please see below). At that time, copies of your prior operative report, doctor's office notes, and pictures before surgery (if available) can have value.

Thanks so much for the reply. It has been a year since i wrote the last message & i have had more surgery done on my belly button in the hope it would be finally more normal looking. But alas this is not the case. My surgeon thought if he put in a foreign object it might give the effect of having a hood. So he proceeded & inserted a small ball shape of something they use in paediatrics: medpor porex. (my dad, a doctor suggested using porcine as they used it successfully in gynae ops) but this was not used. Anyway i now just have a very hard lump in the middle of an unattractive scar. I have asked if he will remove the implant as i don't think it has improved the look at all but he is unwilling to do so as he thinks since i have had so much surgery in this area that the tissue may die and i would be left with a bigger problem. My dad is not 100% convinced of this but does agree that it could happen. I will have the pictures taken from all the angles you have asked for and send them off ASAP. I am coming to LA for a couple of days before heading to the Carribean in October and would be willing to stay longer if you think there is something you can do and if you have the availability at that time. Or of course i am willing to come back in the future if it means i can have a more normal looking belly button. I have had some tattooing done (stage1) to try and give a 3D appearance of a belly button, it looks ok from a distance but the colours have not been matched well as yet. I have done this because of my upcoming summer trip where i will be in swimwear & i was trying to cover up as much of the scar as possible. Thank you for your time & as soon as i can get someone to take the photos i will send them to you. Hope you have a wonderful day. Regards

Sorry, you did not take up my offer for help back then. With my retirement looming, we are no longer offering such operations. Even though I can no longer offer surgery, some still prefer learning what I offer during a consultation. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Revision Belly Button Surgery is an art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills or techniques.

Makeing a New Belly Button After Tummy Tuck Failures in particular is an extremely challenging problem, especially in how the tissues move. Video Revision Tummy Tuck is the most critical method of seeing just how extensive the problem is and value of the solution.

Why not consider posting Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures or even more effective Standard Tummy Tuck Videos to help others better understand your concerns.

I built resources here for those looking for solutions and a place for those with problems to discuss issues. It is designed to attract surgeons with a passion for this problem where they can post their concepts for solutions and proof of what they have achieved with that technique. Claiming something works without proof can be a trap. Having proof how the contour has changed and tissues move lowers the risk of that technique. Although no surgeon can guarantee results, proceeding without such prior examples is just a gamble.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything