Author Topic: After Gynecomastia Surgery Forum - Crease Under Areola Causes and Fixes  (Read 5865 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I have been reading info about how to improve healing and you seem like the best expert about this procedure...

I am 80 percent satisfied the problem is that I'm noticing that my right breast has a crease forming under the areaola. I would like to know if you can give me your opinion of the best way to correct this and why was it caused.  I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

I think I should be upset at my surgeon but I want an expert opinion about it first.  I hope you say its an easy fix but I have a feeling you will say it was bad sculpting from the surgeon that is gonna require surgical correction later...  I have attached a picture. 

Thank you for your time.

Sorry, your 4 pictures are not enough to evaluate issues after surgery. Commenting without that additional information would be basing opinion on insufficient information. There may be much more than just a skin crease to be concerned about.

Why not consider joining our forum and posting our Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures so that others can better understand your concerns. Images before surgery would help in demonstrating where you started.

How tissues redrape after surgery and options depend on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, After Surgery Compression Garments, Scar Care, and many other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates