Author Topic: Revision Tummy Tuck - Unattractive Belly Button, Loose Skin, & Vertical Scar  (Read 6796 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Dr. Bermant,

I found your web page with very impressive example of umbilicoplasty that you had perform: http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/belly_button/revise_bellybutton_tuck.htm

I'm in unfortunate situation: I had full TT in April, which left me with some loose skin, unattractive belly button, and big vertical scar starting just under the BB. I posted my pictures on --- Do you think the procedure you did would be advised in my case? I'm reading that you're retiring soon, however, may be you could recommend to me plastic surgeon that was lucky enough to learn from you? I'm in PA. VA is not that far. As of now, I'm very depressed with what I have - I'm attractive, with lean body, but bikini is not in my future if not for some miracle revision surgery. (I'm dreading another full tummy tuck).

Sincerely,
-

You are welcome to post your images here. I would suggest using my Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures or for a more critical analysis my Tummy Tuck Videos if you want others to better understand your concerns.

Loose skin is difficult to demonstrate effectively standing straight. That is why I added the bending over views and flexing with the video. When patients have bad quality skin well above the belly button, sometimes a vertical scar component is needed as in the example you note of my Revision of Belly Button After Tummy Tuck. However, I prefer a lower excision scar that better hides in revealing clothing and, if there needs to be a vertical scar, have it on the bottom, not by the belly button. Check out Video Before After Revision Tummy Tuck to see just how critical such documentation can be for demonstrating the issue of loose skin and this deformity.

Options will depend on the original problem, what was done, and what currently is the state of tissues. Scar cannot be removed, only replaced by new scars.

Do your results look like the pictures you were shown before surgery by your surgeon?  If not why?  Were there complication or recovery issues? I designed my website such that my patients can tell me that their results were close to or better than what they found there. There is not enough detail in your question for a more complete answer.

Not all surgeons use the same methods nor have the same skills. Before Choosing A New Surgeon for a Revision Tummy Tuck, you will need to do a more careful analysis of how that surgeon results look like. A better understanding on How to Evaluate Tummy Tuck Pictures is a good starting point.

At this point in my career with retirement so close, I cannot offer surgical options. On this forum, I can discuss nonspecific general issues. Yet many prefer more specific medical recommendations during a consult or remote discussion. If that is the case, Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates