Author Topic: Vaer Hi Def AND Mini Tummy Tuck  (Read 4527 times)

Offline AppleRon

• View Profile
Vaer Hi Def AND Mini Tummy Tuck
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:09:35 AM »
Hello,

I wanted to have Vasor Hi Def to help bring my six pack to the surface. To show my six pack i have to get really slim but the fat comes of everywhere else first and i look like a drug addict!

I spoke to a plastic surgeon  in London.  We discussed the following having vasor Hi Def to the upper and lower abs, chest,  arms, fat transfer to  chest.  All sounded good to me.

However, he did say that I may be disappointed with the results since i may have lose skin.  We discussed a mini tummy tuck and recommend I see another surgeon whom I saw a couple of weeks ago.

So the plan is to have a mini tummy tuck followed by the vaser Hi Def as outlined above (in one extended procedure).

I was happy with the suggestion and the two doctors and payed my deposit, but now i am concerned. 

You cant find anything about a mini tummy tuck with vasor Hi Def anywhere!!  I am concerned that the doctor wont be able to sculpt my abs after my skin has been stretched. 

Is this procedure possible? 

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Tummy Tuck Forum - Re: Vaer Hi Def AND Mini Tummy Tuck
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
Hello,

I wanted to have Vasor Hi Def to help bring my six pack to the surface. To show my six pack i have to get really slim but the fat comes of everywhere else first and i look like a drug addict!

I spoke to a plastic surgeon  in London.  We discussed the following having vasor Hi Def to the upper and lower abs, chest,  arms, fat transfer to  chest.  All sounded good to me.

However, he did say that I may be disappointed with the results since i may have lose skin.  We discussed a mini tummy tuck and recommend I see another surgeon whom I saw a couple of weeks ago.

So the plan is to have a mini tummy tuck followed by the vaser Hi Def as outlined above (in one extended procedure).

I was happy with the suggestion and the two doctors and payed my deposit, but now i am concerned. 

You cant find anything about a mini tummy tuck with vasor Hi Def anywhere!!  I am concerned that the doctor wont be able to sculpt my abs after my skin has been stretched. 

Is this procedure possible? 

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Trying to contour fat to look like muscles actually looks terrible on animation. Muscles flex and move when contracted. Fat shaped to look like muscles moves like fat: jiggles with no flexing. To best understand this look at how beautiful the stomach muscles move on animation in this Video of Belly Dancer Before and After Tummy Tuck and the healing of her muscles. Static pictures fail to show this issue unless there are a comparison of how the stomach looks like with muscles relaxed and then flexed each with a still view something I had not included in my Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures, but something someone who was making such claims should include if they wanted to prove that their method worked.

Much better in understanding if that doctor's recommendations were valid or not would be my Tummy Tuck Videos. The views I would add to demonstrate that contoured fat looked natural would be to make a movie of the patient with relaxed muscles and then flexing their stomach muscles in addition to the bending over views and turning in a circle.  It would be valuable to see such action flexing and relaxing from front, left and right oblique views, and left and right lateral views. For the video, a movie of a patient performing a sit up would also tell the story of success or failure. However, I never liked that method of contouring fat to make it look like muscles. Those patients from other doctors who came to me unhappy, I had to spend our consultation time dealing with that individual's anger over their results they had gotten instead of documenting the failure.

My sampling is incomplete, happy patients after surgery done elsewhere would have no reason to come to me. The job of documentation should fall on a doctor making claims that such an operation works not on others that it does not. I am retired now and therefore it is up to others to post examples or videos that something like that really works. However over many years, I have yet to see such a critical documentation done by those advocating the technique.

Mini Tummy Tuck is for small skin problems and does not manage a significant skin laxity issue. Like with abdominal etching, the value of mini-tuck dealing with loose skin vs. Tummy Tuck Skin Tightening Loose Skin are also best evaluated by real before and after pictures and video. It is one thing to wave hands and verbally make claims. It is something entirely different to live with those results as a patient who did not carefully investigated the risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care. For my patients, I found the power of skin tightening so powerful for Tummy Tucks, that almost all of my abdominal sculpture was done with that tool due to the advances I was able to obtain with my Tumescent Tummy Tuck Technique.

So the issue becomes where was their documentation? What types of before and after pictures did they show you? Are results viewable on the internet for other to see? Are there articles that do more than verbal hand waving of the result, or are the proof of concept just showing a single still picture of fat make to look like muscle but without demonstration of what it is like to live life with that result?

This now becomes an issue of How to Pick Your Tummy Tuck Surgeon. In my opinion you need to learn How to Evaluate Tummy Tuck Pictures and Videos.

Welcome to our forum. Why not consider posting pictures of your problem using my standard views and then compare them to the tools you can find here on our Floating Menu of Links and Resources

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything