Author Topic: Plastic Surgeons trained by Dr Bermant?  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Baddoc

• View Profile
Plastic Surgeons trained by Dr Bermant?
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »
Dr. Bermant,

I had otoplasty done about 6 years ago with poor results.  I immediately started looking for a doctor and found you the best qualified to "fix" what was done.  Evidently, I missed the boat with regards to getting help from you.

I know that you try to not recommend specific doctors, but are there any doctors out there that worked with you or were trained by you?

Thank you in advance for your response and congrats on the retirement.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Plastic Surgeons trained by Dr Bermant?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
Dr. Bermant,

I had otoplasty done about 6 years ago with poor results.  I immediately started looking for a doctor and found you the best qualified to "fix" what was done.  Evidently, I missed the boat with regards to getting help from you.

I know that you try to not recommend specific doctors, but are there any doctors out there that worked with you or were trained by you?

Thank you in advance for your response and congrats on the retirement.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Deformity after ear surgery can take many forms. Why don't you post a set of Standard Otoplasty Pictures to let others understand your concerns. If available before surgery photos would also be of value for those with a passion for this problem to offer their opinion. That is why I built this resource. To let those with a concern post issues. And then, for those with a passion like mine, to address such issues.

Revision Otoplasty is a demanding art. Not all surgeons have the same skills. Sorry, I do not have specific surgeons to recommend, but I have posted tools on How to Pick your Otoplasty Surgeon. However in this case, you are looking for their skills in sculpture of the specific deformity.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline Baddoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »

Here are some pictures.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:10 AM »

Here are some pictures.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for posting your images. That is quite a deformity. When I was practicing, I would ask for much more details such as the complete set of Standard Otoplasty Pictures. I would then use before surgery images, an operative report to formulate an initial plan for a remote discussion. Some problems for Revision Otoplasty are too complex to evaluate without the in office exam so tissue could be examined before considering options for revision and helping patients better understand risks, benefits and alternate methods of care.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:12:52 PM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates