Author Topic: Anyone have 2 different implant sizes?  (Read 3931 times)

Offline kick201

• View Profile
Anyone have 2 different implant sizes?
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm going in for surgery on 10.4. Excited and nervous! I want a athletic, conservative look and always contemplated unders, silicone 304 or 339. Finally picked my surgeon who identified the fact that my two breast are diff sizes ( kind of noticed before, but it's not a huge difference). He also said my chest/rib cage were differently shaped on each side, so he's recommending 285 on my left (larger side) and 339 on my right. I tried on those sizes in the office and liked the look - it looked even - but am now wondering if anyone else dealt with this? I'm 5'8 and 130 lbs, btw. Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:09:39 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Anyone have 2 different implant sizes?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:07 AM »
I'm going in for surgery on 10.4. Excited and nervous! I want a athletic, conservative look and always contemplated unders, silicone 304 or 339. Finally picked my surgeon who identified the fact that my two breast are diff sizes ( kind of noticed before, but it's not a huge difference). He also said my chest/rib cage were differently shaped on each side, so he's recommending 285 on my left (larger side) and 339 on my right. I tried on those sizes in the office and liked the look - it looked even - but am now wondering if anyone else dealt with this? I'm 5'8 and 130 lbs, btw. Thanks!

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

It is quite common to use different breast implant sizes when a patient has different size breasts to optimize symmetry. Breast implants can fill in for upper pole fullness. But there is a price to pay. Sagging Breasts with Asymmetry can also be managed with a lift with a reduction to even sizes.

A 300 cc implant is quite big. Do you really want breasts that large? There is surgery to deal with sagging breasts and there is surgery to enlarge breasts discussed in our Breast Implant Forum. Sagging breasts given massive enlargements may not need a lift, but the breast is a completely different contour when enlarged to that degree.

Does your surgeon show how breast implants look when living your life such as lifting arms up overhead or playing activities and flexing your chest muscles. That is why I evolved my Standard Pictures for Breast Lift which emphasize such essential issues. Even more critical are Breast Lift Videos to understand just how breasts look when active.

You are welcome to post your images here so that others can better understand your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Breast Lift Mastopexy in Women
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:54:20 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates