Author Topic: Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery Forum - Pain, Swelling, Crud, & Sticky Eyelids  (Read 4737 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I had right lower eyelid surgery Oct 7th it is now Nov. 20 I have been back twice with no help fron Dr. - he never even looked in my eye with mag to see if something wrong just keeps telling me give it 6 months was just there Thurs 11/17 in lot of pain wake up with sticky eyes and crud now the whole side of my face is swollen from under my right eye (cheek)right up to my temple like fluid in there or something and don't know what to do?? Please help me 
Thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. As a retired doctor, I will not be offering medical advice. But general points about eyelid surgery can be instructive. 

In competent hands, Complications after Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery are rare.

Healing After Blepharoplasty such as swelling, infection, and discomfort can be dependent on surgeon's skills, technique, and many other factors. The reason I posted in that last link typical swelling after my surgery was that my patients could see what to expect. Any variation, and my patients were told to call me so that I could evaluate and treat if necessary. In many cases, I would ask the patient to come into my office so I could see what was happening. Not all surgeons show such progress pictures. If they do and your results do not resemble those pictures, then try to understand why.

Swelling was a major issue such that I evolved a Swiss Therapy Eyelid Care methodology to help with swelling and discomfort. Unfortunately there are many other issues that can be at play here best managed by your surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion with access to the operative report, office notes, and your medical history.

Pain and discomfort after eyelid surgery was something I just rarely saw and was a major issue if a patient told me that they had that symptom. I wanted to understand why. But that was a function of my methods and key to my skill as a surgeon.

You are welcome to post Standard Eyelid Blepharoplasty Pictures to demonstrate the issues and share your concerns. This documentation is a great way to show something getting worse, better, or what to expect from a particular surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything