Author Topic: Otoplasty Forum - Stahl Ear vs. Scaphoid Macrotia Large Ear Deformities  (Read 3860 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I did contact your office about three years ago for Otoplasy procedure( It's either Stahl's Ear Deformity or Scapha large ear deformity from the pics posted on your site)...I also provided your office with the over the phone consultation fee but pictures I had sent via email were not of good quality so we never got to connect and discuss...Long story short, I got really busy and could not come in person...Now I just logged into your site and found out that you have retired:((...Although I am happy for you with your new plans in life and having had a very successful career, I am so disappointed having missed the opportunity to take advantage of your great skills as a surgeon. I will travel for this procedure but have no idea who to go to or where to go from here:(

Your input and assistance in this matter is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

The Stahl Ear Deformity is quite different from the Scaphoid Macrotia Large Ear Deformity. Each had its own variations and solutions.

Our Remote Consultations was a powerful tool to help minimize travel for those who could provide the Standard Otoplasty Pictures. These only worked when the images represented reality and not camera distortion as seen on the bottom pictures of that standard set. Talking about ears that are not truly enlarged as demonstrated there makes no sense. The other option for the few that could not complete such documentation was continuing that discussion in the office. However, that had to be done in a timely fashion. Sorry that did not work out for you. It helped so many patients over the years.

I built this forum to permit those with issues and concerns to connect to those with a passion for specific problems. Many patients had told me over the years that sometimes just sharing stories with others helps. Pictures can be posted here.

I also created resources like How to Choose Your Otoplasty Surgeon and How to Evaluate Otoplasty Pictures for those looking for a starting point after I retired.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
[/quote]
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates