Author Topic: Help..Dr. Bermant  (Read 4791 times)

Offline msfrod

• View Profile
Help..Dr. Bermant
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
Dr. Bermant, thank you for all the contribution and knowledge sharing you provide all of us in this community.  I've been struggling to find a knowledgeable and respectable doctor in South Florida that can perform a gyno surgery with gland excision.  It seems all the forums online are biased and sponsored by few doctors thus providing one sided stories.  Can you help, please?

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Help..Dr. Bermant Florida Gynecomastia
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
Dr. Bermant, thank you for all the contribution and knowledge sharing you provide all of us in this community.  I've been struggling to find a knowledgeable and respectable doctor in South Florida that can perform a gyno surgery with gland excision.  It seems all the forums online are biased and sponsored by few doctors thus providing one sided stories.  Can you help, please?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When I was still practicing, I saw many

Florida Gynecomastia Patients who preferred my techniques. I also saw so many patients unhappy after prior surgery in Florida who came to me for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery.

This topic has been discussed before on this forum: Finding Surgeon After 2 Failures in Florida.

It is a question of separating hype from actual proof, salesmanship from reality.

Early in my career, I wanted to better understand the problems of gynecomastia and just how well I was doing with my sculpture. That is what drove me to evolve my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures views that would really show the fine points of the problem and what I had achieved. This was not about getting more patients. It was a method of critical analysis. The views of lifting arms up overhead and flexing muscles really were important to see just how the tissues were moving. The multiple angles gave me insights into the entire picture. However, I learned that I could learn even more with my Gynecomastia Videos. The ballet of repeatable actions showed even more than the images. I could also add the element of patient emotions and experiences. So I started including both types of documentation systems to understand the degree of the problem and what I achieved.

This evaluation permitted me to evolve my techniques over the years to what you see posted on my site. It also gave my patients a chance to see just how well their results were in comparison to other patients I had done. The picture on my front page of my Gynecomastia Encyclopedia shows, a patient in front of a mirror, looking at his chest and comparing it to the standard before surgery pictures. That documentation helped with their emotional healing.

Both sets of documentation could also be used to evolve my Dynamic Technique such that there was indeed minimal Bruising and Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery. That is why I took early after surgery images and longer term ones (when patients came back for me to do so). Less swelling and bruising also meant less pain. It was typical for my Gynecomastia Surgery Patient Comfort to be so refined that patients typically only needed plain Tylenol. The videos again helped to let the patients tell the story of their comfort. The early after surgery videos show their comfort as they try to reproduce the ballet of motion limiting how far they go by not causing pain. This was not salesmanship, but part of the educational experience for each patient to learn just how far they could push the tissues and yet maintain comfort.

You are correct, sponsorship of a forum alone does not make a great surgeon. I found other forums interesting in that so many preferred to use few words blowing smoke instead of proof and documentation. When I was seeing unhappy patients after experiences with other surgeons, I looked at some of those doctors' web sites. I was not seeing the types of documentation I was using to learn how to make my patients better. Worse, in some cases, the unhappy patient was up on that doctor's site with limited views as being an example of how well that doctor performed? That is the advantage of limited views or blinders on results. In some cases I saw frankly terrible results on the doctors' sites.

So how do you separate the hype from reality?  Look for the proof. That is why I built this forum and the resources like How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures and How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon.

My picture and video documentation system as well as my surgical technique evolved over my career. My hope is that these tools can evolve over time with others' contribution. Better documentation, better methods, should be part of any evolving system. No, as a retired doctor, I will not be offering the surgery. But I can still plant the seeds for further refinement over time.

You and others can be part of that evolution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything