Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia surgery correct?  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Gyne28

• View Profile
Is this gynecomastia surgery correct?
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:29:10 AM »
Recently i have met a doctor for my gynecomastia concern. He says he has done more than 700 operations on gynecomastia.
After seeing my case he told that first he will do liposucution by making a hole below the arm. After that, he will insert a special cutting instrument through same hole made during liposuction & remove the gland tissue. He says that he performs this method on 7 out of 10 patents (those who have softer gland tissue). He told that the advantage is very less scar, no carter & nipple deformations.

If this surgery method so good then why many doctors are not performing it?

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Is this gynecomastia surgery correct?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »
Recently i have met a doctor for my gynecomastia concern. He says he has done more than 700 operations on gynecomastia.
After seeing my case he told that first he will do liposucution by making a hole below the arm. After that, he will insert a special cutting instrument through same hole made during liposuction & remove the gland tissue. He says that he performs this method on 7 out of 10 patents (those who have softer gland tissue). He told that the advantage is very less scar, no carter & nipple deformations.

If this surgery method so good then why many doctors are not performing it?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Such claims are best backed up with good documentation. I have seen many patients like this unhappy patient with Extended Crater Deformity After New York Revision Surgery who told me that they had heard such claims about their surgeon's methods before an operation. That example is a great demonstration how a bad result can be hidden with limited picture documentation. Check the still photos vs. my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures that were evolved to specifically critically assess problems and results. If not showing how the tissues look with arms up overhead or flexing muscles, I take such claims with a grain of salt as unproven. This is especially true when I saw so many unhappy patients after surgery by specific surgeons making such claims. I found that my Standard Gynecomastia Videos even better at showing problems and the quality of surgery. Look at the videos now on that New York Surgeon's results.The patient's chest flexing understandably bothered that patient. I thought the result so devastating that I published the page as a warning to look more carefully into the process of Choosing Your Gynecomastia Surgeon.

Here are extended answers about Does Sharp Cutting Liposuction Remove Gland? and  Avoiding Areola Scars Armpit Incisions? on this forum.

i saw so many patients unhappy from other surgeons using remote cutting tools and avoiding the areola incisions that led me to evolve my own Dynamic Technique. I posted just a few of the many examples of patients coming to me unhappy after surgery done elsewhere. If you do not look for just how the results look in real life, you can miss the critical issues of what it is like to live with while playing sports, other activities and just living life. Real results are not just with arms at the sides muscles relaxed.

So does that surgeon offer proof of those claims? Check out my resource on How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures and then evaluate that surgeon's statements. These are the tools I used to check my own methods and evolve my own techniques.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates