Author Topic: why does teh community not appear to be answering questions on here  (Read 4601 times)

Offline kellyc

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
and helping one another out - most questions have 0 replies or only one reply from the doctor thanks

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: why does teh community not appear to be answering questions on here
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
and helping one another out - most questions have 0 replies or only one reply from the doctor thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

It is a new forum. Most tend to read and watch letting others do the work. Others seem to think that they can send me a private mail for a private answer, something I am not able to do with my retirement. I can pose the answers here as I have been, but not privately. You can look at the front page statistics to see the number of lookers we have here at any one time and how many have been here today. It is on the bottom of the page.

http://www.abodybeautiful.com/forum/index.php

Forum members can also click on link to more forum stats to see how many average page views per day and so forth. Each post also has stats forum members can see for how many views and how often the page has been referred to the social networks.

Like anything else, there needs to be some initiators. I try to answer as many questions as I can. The goal was to "built it and they will come", and that refers to both individuals with concerns and those with a passion for helping others.

As a retired Plastic Surgeon, I can no longer offer surgery. But this forum is a result of the many requests I have been getting to keep my detailed information available. My own techniques evolved from careful documentation and listening to patients. Those are the seeds I have tried to plant for others to continue.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline kellyc

• Novice Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
i emailed with my surgeon after getting info from you about cutting the stalk etc.  he said he wanted me to let him lower my belly button because that would have allowed himt o make the skin above tighter.  i didn't want it lowered because afraid would look weird.  also didn't know how he could reattach to my "stalk" if he pulled everything down.  he said that is why my bb is a little longer - i guess he pulled it down some.  anyway, he tried to explain the stalk too and i think he doesn't understand the bb situation like you do.  he said it has to be cut to get to the top to fix the "muscle diastasis" and that it is the left over portion from the actual cord that feeds the baby through the placenta.  In that way he understands why it freaks some women out and he has dealt with this before - it feels like that is what nurtures the baby.  my tummy looks really good so in some ways i wish i had just let him do as he pleased since not being able to move the bb at all he said is why i have some loose skin above bb(minimal but still there).  he did my friend also and hers was lowered and it is flatter tighter above bb.  i don't know psychologically if it makes any difference that he reattached mine back where it was as i assume he reaatched hers too just down lower.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
i emailed with my surgeon after getting info from you about cutting the stalk etc.  he said he wanted me to let him lower my belly button because that would have allowed himt o make the skin above tighter.  i didn't want it lowered because afraid would look weird.  also didn't know how he could reattach to my "stalk" if he pulled everything down.  he said that is why my bb is a little longer - i guess he pulled it down some.  anyway, he tried to explain the stalk too and i think he doesn't understand the bb situation like you do.  he said it has to be cut to get to the top to fix the "muscle diastasis" and that it is the left over portion from the actual cord that feeds the baby through the placenta.  In that way he understands why it freaks some women out and he has dealt with this before - it feels like that is what nurtures the baby.  my tummy looks really good so in some ways i wish i had just let him do as he pleased since not being able to move the bb at all he said is why i have some loose skin above bb(minimal but still there).  he did my friend also and hers was lowered and it is flatter tighter above bb.  i don't know psychologically if it makes any difference that he reattached mine back where it was as i assume he reaatched hers too just down lower.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

This is the value of posting a set of before and after surgery pictures so others can understand your concerns. My standard set has the value of showing the degree of loose skin issue, but it hard to go back in time to get such detail when it was not done that way.

That is the difference, I just did not divide my patients' belly buttons to achieve what I have shown on the web.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything