Author Topic: Belly Button Forum - Birth & Tummy Tuck: Innie Went to Outie After Derm Now None  (Read 5591 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I have been so much research on umbilical surgery and the reconstruction of my belly button,  Figures, I find you, but your retired.  Maybe u can refer me to someone on or near Long Island, NY.

Here is my issue.  After giving birth and a tummy tuck, my innie belly button became an outie.  I went to a dermatologist and he noticed it and said, just snip it flat.  So what did I do, off it goes and now I have a real scar and no belly button and hardly indented.  I am thin with hardly ant body fat on my stomach.  Is there a way to reconstruct this even if it means using skin from another part of my body?   How about an artificial belly button to put inside the whole??  I'm at a loss, hopefully u can help.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

To better understand your situation, any competent sculptor should want to know how the problem got this way. When I was practicing, I would ask my patients for details of their prior operations so I could better formulate a repair by better understanding what I was up against.

Pregnancy Can Change The Belly Button. The internal pressure can pop out this structure. For most, this is a temporary situation and after delivery the contour returns.

Tummy Tuck Making Innie To Outie
For instance, when was the tummy tuck done after delivery?  What type of doctor did the tuck? What was done? A tummy tuck that transforms an innie belly button to an outie, in my opinion should be considered a failure. The belly button should remain a tether point for the skin.

To what degree this is or no longer is the case, I evolved my Standard Tummy Tuck Pictures. Even more critical are my Tummy Tuck Videos to see how the tissues move. Consider posting a complete set of images here to let others better understand your concerns.

Belly Button Surgery by a Dermatologist?
The next question is what was done by the Dermatologist? Are there before and after pictures? What was the progression of tissues after this surgery?

The Tummy Tuck Consultation and Exam of the Abdomen is often a necessary component for complicated scar problems. Pictures sometimes just do not tell the entire story.

After multiple operations, the navel can be destroyed requiring constructing a new one. Revision Belly Button Surgery can be difficult. Not all surgeons have the same skills. A starting point would be our tools on how to pick a tummy tuck surgeon.. But in this case you are looking for examples of the belly button. Preferably with examples of Making A New Belly Button. Also check out our tools for How to evaluate tummy tuck pictures and videos.

How about an artificial belly button to put inside the whole??

I have never seen this work and would expect anyone claiming they have a solution, this or other, should be able to demonstrate it with my Standard Pictures and even better movies.

This forum was designed for individuals like yourself. This is a place to present issues and concerns. It is designed to attract experienced surgeons who have a passion for a problem to show their expertise permitting those with problems to find the solvers, those eager to show their expertise. You may have a story to tell how you got into this situation. Perhaps you can help others understanding what happened. And then perhaps they can help you.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Umbilicoplasty Belly Button Surgery
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:19:37 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates