Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - Press Enquiry For Feature about Wives - Girlfriend Reaction  (Read 4381 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Dear Dr Bermant
I’m a real life feature writer on - magazine and we’re currently looking for men who have had cosmetic surgery and are willing to be part of a feature with their wife or girlfriend, talking about how the surgery has affected their relationship.
They’d need to be with the same partner they were with before the surgery and be willing to be photographed (before and after as well as pic of them with partner) and interviewed on the phone.
I wondered if any of your former male patients may be interested? We can of course credit you/the clinic within the piece.

If you could let me know that would be great.
Many thanks,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

As a retired Plastic Surgeon, I do not currently have any patients nor plan any surgery.

There is a major Emotional Component Living with Gynecomastia. It tends to scar the soul deeply for most. Take you time and listen to that entire video. That patient did such a great job putting into words what so many have tried.

There is also a major issue with embarrassment. Most try to hide that they have this condition. It bothered individuals so much I helped prove the value of Body Shaping Garments to help hide the contour problem for those who were in the process of stabilizing their problems or waiting to be able to afford the surgery. Surgery on unstable gynecomastia often results in recurrence and disaster.

My sculptured healing was not just directed to the tissues alone, but the whole patient. I worked hard at helping to heal the deep painful emotional scars. Part of this was a careful documentation of the problem and solution both with my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures, but also the Gynecomastia Videos gave me the opportunity to record the emotional component. You can find many such examples on my published videos. I have many more yet to be published in the future.

I made a decision many years ago, for the gynecomastia patients, to not record the faces. This permitted me access to record so many more individuals who would never have consented to sharing their stories. Yes, I realize I lost a powerful facial expression component that would have been awesome for everyone else, but the number of usable material would have been too limited. But the faces, watching the patients while I was recording, was one of the greatest satisfying components of my craft.

If you only realized the degree of emotion tied up in these individuals problems, you would not be asking to open up past deep scars and wounds we took such great pains to heal. How many rape victims and their spouses who have moved on with their lives would be eager for such a project? You are asking for someone who is so well emotionally put together, they, in my opinion are not representing the typical gynecomastia individual.

After requests in writing, journalists are typically granted permission to participate in our group.
I kept this post confidential. If you would like to put your name, contact information, where you plan to publish, you may do so. The project has great value in helping others understand the issues about gynecomastia. I saw many who were supported by their girlfriend, spouse, or significant other. This is not just an issue for heterosexual couples.

If you want to interview me about my experiences, that may be possible.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hello Mr Bermant

Thank you for posting my request on your forum. Would it be possible to post this so that it includes all other types of male cosmetic surgery too, not just under the umbrella of Gynecomastia?
If you receive any response please do let me know. In the meantime I’ll keep an eye out on the forum to see if anyone is willing to take part. I will also keep you in mind in case we need an expert comment from you.

Many thanks for all your help
Kind regards,

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

You are welcome to join our discussion and post your requests on our forum. Each type of cosmetic surgery has different emotional components as it relates to spouses and significant others.

I pointed out the Gynecomastia issues above. There are a completely different set for Otoplasty, After Weight Loss, Rhinoplasty, and so forth.

The issue can depend on the part of the body involved. Some parts of the body are visible to the world, others remain hidden. Some parts of the body are components of sexual intimacy and erotic sensation. Other contour deformities can interfere with intimacy. I have had a number of patients tell me after their Tummy Tuck surgery they were able to permit their spouse to see them in an illuminated room. They were so embarrassed by their bodies that they would only let their spouse contact them in the dark or under the covers.

On this forum there have been discussions about tummy tuck post surgery impacting sex?. Bad cosmetic surgery complications can disrupt intimacy. I never had one of my patients complain to me about problems, just praise for improvement. But, not all surgeons have the same results.

And then again there are the unusual requests as Plastic Surgery Forum - Example How to Create Hermaphrodite with Both Sex Organs where the individual wanted both male and female genitalia. That was not a patient of mine. I have never offered such intervention. Then there is the entire complex experience of Transgender Plastic Surgery spouse issues. We have a Transgender Forum dedicated to such concerns and emotions.

Here is one such discussion for one of my patients: Transgender Male Chest Contouring Travel from Washington State - 2 Months After Top Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates