Author Topic: Gynecomastia experience  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Chudd

• View Profile
Gynecomastia experience
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
Hi all , i had Gynecomastia as a teen being fairly overweight i decided to get fit but no matter what i tried my nipples felt like there was boiled eggs under them and look very weird. In 2009 i decided to get surgery done and without thinking about the consequence i rushed into it and was butchered by a un experienced doc. After having multiple revisions now i have a crater on the left side with odd shape nipple and right side is puffy and looking worst than before. Its been 3 years and i still cant take my shirt off and is making life hard for me.

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Gynecomastia experience
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Hi all , i had Gynecomastia as a teen being fairly overweight i decided to get fit but no matter what i tried my nipples felt like there was boiled eggs under them and look very weird. In 2009 i decided to get surgery done and without thinking about the consequence i rushed into it and was butchered by a un experienced doc. After having multiple revisions now i have a crater on the left side with odd shape nipple and right side is puffy and looking worst than before. Its been 3 years and i still cant take my shirt off and is making life hard for me.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

Weight Loss Can Help the Fat Component of Gynecomastia, skin, gland, and residual fat can continue to distort the body. This is an issue of understanding the Anatomy of Gynecomastia. All breasts are made of fat, gland, and skin.

There can be many different types of disfigurement possible with bad gynecomastia surgery.

Crater Deformity
I saw so many deformities from holes left by other surgeons, I invented the term Crater Deformity to put a name to the mess created by ignoring basic contouring principles common from cancer removing mentality without commitment to the final contour.

Residual Puffy Nipple Complication
Another problem I saw from other surgeons had many causes. I coined the term Puffy Nipple Complication for the problem of leaving the firm gland behind, common for the misconception that liposuction manages gland and other failed surgical theories.

Hello Dr bermant. I only came across your website after you retired. I have heard of all the positive comments people you have helped and you seem like a absolute legend. I had initial surgery and 3 years ago and had multiple revisions and im in pain and looking like a freak. Im located in australia and was wondering if there were any surgeons you recomend to hopefully fix my condition any help would be much appreciated.

I am now retired. I used to be able to offer an evaluation of the problem and in many situations then offer Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. Some problems were too extensive to fix, no remaining resources such as in this Extended Crater Deformity After Revision Gynecomastia Surgery by New York Plastic Surgeon.

That last link demonstrates several important issues. Not all contour problems have fixes is the first issue. Limited pictures can hide nasty problems. It can be confusing for someone to look beyond market hype and verbal hand waving as to what a doctor offers.

In trying to understand the many types of contour problems I saw and evaluating my own methods I evolved my Standard Revision Gynecomastia Pictures and even more critical Gynecomastia Videos. Better sculptors look to refine and improve their methods through careful assessment of methodology.

Unfortunately, you are not alone with problems after surgery done by other doctors. I built this forum as a place for others to express their problems, concerns, and show their problems or real results they received. Posting your own pictures is a start to let others better understand your concerns. With tools like standard photos, any poster can provide a factual demonstration of prior surgeons' skills or faults. Even in cases I was not able to fix during the time I was in practice, many told me that having a place to talk about their issues was helpful. Beyond that you may be able to help others not make the same mistakes that left you where you are now.

This forum was designed also to attract surgeons with a passion to demonstrate what they really offer to help others. Yes, this is early in its growth. But the tools are in place and I firmly believe in the concept built it, they will come. Unlike other forums I have contributed in the past, we welcome factual demonstrations of what is done and offered, not just verbal hand waving with words. You need to live with the contours, you get with surgery: not be limited by the feel good marketing hype about a certain method.

Although I can no longer offer the revision myself, I provided tools such as How to Pick Your Gynecomastia Surgeon and How to Evaluate Gynecomastia Pictures.. My goal was to plant the seeds for further refinement. Over the years, my own criteria continuously evolved and improved. Hopefully others will take on the challenge and offer improvements to what I have posted so far.

Again, welcome to our group. I hope the evolving tools are a starting point for you to move forward. I look forward to contributions by yourself and others to keep this field moving forward and finding solutions to problems and or preventing others from falling into the same situation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything