//pvii begin //pvii end

Author Topic: Liposuction Forum - Is It Safe? Want Advice  (Read 12061 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Liposuction Forum - Is It Safe? Want Advice
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
helo can you give me some advice regarding liposuction? is it safe? thank you! hope to hear from you soon dr. mike (=

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. As a retired Plastic Surgeon, I no longer offer advice. I do have resources that the public can learn from as well as this Liposuction Forum for general questions and answers.

Liposuction is a basic tool of Plastic Surgery sculpture used in many different operations to contour the fat component. You can see many different examples all over my site.

Although any operation carries risks, Liposuction can be a safe when done on the right candidate, under stringent careful techniques, by experienced surgeons. This is not something to be taken lightly. In the wrong hands, people can die from this surgery. I have seen horror stories from bad doctors who should not have been doing this operation. Liposuction is part of both Gynecomastia and Tummy Tuck surgery. You can check our resources here on How to Pick a Tummy Tuck Surgeon to understand the concept.

You are welcome to join in the discussion and use our resources.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline BlueRed

• View Profile
Re: Liposuction Forum - Is It Safe? Want Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »
I have nothing against liposuction. But for me, it is still better if you are going to lose weight naturally. You can do it by replacing your sugar consumption with natural sweeteners. I'm using Natvia. It has low calorie content. You can check it.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »
I have nothing against liposuction. But for me, it is still better if you are going to lose weight naturally. You can do it by replacing your sugar consumption with natural sweeteners. I'm using Natvia. It has low calorie content. You can check it.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum.

Liposuction Is Not For Weight Loss. Read my Liposuction Important Information
Liposuction is a refinement technique and not an alternative to losing weight.
. Be careful when someone claims it is. Look for good documentation. Even with dangerous Large Volume Liposuction, very little total weight is removed. Here is another page I wrote on that topic: Tumescent liposuction is not a good way to lose weight..

If someone is to document such issues, they would need good Standardized Pictures for Liposuction. This method of documentation can also be used to document weight loss and body shaping by other methods. Also check for Body Fat Analysis and Scales for careful documentation of weight, when it was lost or changed.

If you are going to show any advantage to a method, why not post pictures. Use our standard images and chart your weight and body fat measurements. Record your methods. Let others better understand what you are accomplishing. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:11:45 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline vinay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
Yes Liposuction Surgery is safe many people who want to get rid off excessive fat in very less time are opting for this surgery. Its perfectly safe but need to have good guidance before going to surgery, so get in touch with good cosmetic surgeon] and take prior suggestions and know the risks and complications involved in it.

Link spam removed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:30:45 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
Yes Liposuction Surgery is safe many people who want to get rid off excessive fat in very less time are opting for this surgery. Its perfectly safe but need to have good guidance before going to surgery, so get in touch with good cosmetic surgeon and take prior suggestions and know the risks and complications involved in it.

Link spam removed.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

This post placed by a link spammer was to a site that is a sad reflection of just what the public needs to look carefully at before considering surgery. Check How to Choose Your Plastic Surgeon and How to Pick Your Plastic Surgeon.

On a review of the site posted, sadly I could find no credentials, no training listed, nor societies belonged. I could find a price list, but no before after pictures. The site seemed to be written for search engine optimization by someone who had little clue about the real risks and issues of liposuction surgery.

If someone carefully was using our resources, such a site should be rejected immediately as an unnecessary gamble, medical tourism at its worst. The links were removed and the poster banned. Please read our guidelines before trying to use this site for SEO, search engine optimization. We welcome posts and links to resources our viewers can learn from and use. But trying to promote liposuction as being "perfectly safe" is just not realistic and such claims are dangerous to the public in general.

That is why the investigating public wants a surgeon who is a member of a Plastic Surgery society that mandates its members not make unrealistic claims that cannot be proven. Having such a guideline and ethical bylaws is by no means a guarantee, but it is a start.

Unfortunately over the years, I have seen too many patients who told me stories about bad experiences from doctors they did not carefully evaluate before surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline aksharajoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:03:30 AM »
Wow, I came in here to ask the exact same question!

In my little bit of online research, I found this clinic, supposed to be an hour away from my place - Questionable Link Removed - I've read the articles you posted about how to choose a surgeon, and I think I'll go forward with them and get a liposuction done next month.

A friend of mine went to them for acne issues and she says nothing but good things, although I do understand that liposuction is completely different. In either case, what would you suggest? I'm just fed up of trying to lose weight naturally, this seems to be the only way out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:25:42 AM by DrBermant »

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
Wow, I came in here to ask the exact same question!

In my little bit of online research, I found this clinic, supposed to be an hour away from my place - Questionable Link Removed - I've read the articles you posted about how to choose a surgeon, and I think I'll go forward with them and get a liposuction done next month.

A friend of mine went to them for acne issues and she says nothing but good things, although I do understand that liposuction is completely different. In either case, what would you suggest? I'm just fed up of trying to lose weight naturally, this seems to be the only way out.

If you have actually read any of our topics about How to Pick Your Plastic Surgeon, you will how critical it is to see the quality of a surgeon's work before risking your body! Why do you put a link to a site that I could not find a single before and after picture? When a practice includes several doctors, the individual surgeon you are using needs to be carefully evaluated. For instance, why would anyone trust a doctor trained in Ears Nose and Throat to perform liposuction on other parts of the body? The skills of the actual surgeon performing the surgery are what counts, not what the general results of the practice may be if there were photos.

If you have read this post, Liposuction is NOT an option for Weight Loss. Where have you found proof otherwise? Let us examine such "proof" carefully.  If you link to before and after liposuction pictures and documentation about how it can help with weight loss, that would be of interest.

My guess is that you are a SEO spammer and your link was removed. If you are not a link spammer, be careful of anyone claiming that liposuction will help with weight loss until you can see verifiable proof. That would be with the above mentioned Standard Pictures, weight, BMI, and Body Fat Analysis before and after surgery. Seeing such details over time would be good. Proof would also need to include how the skin adjusted. Loose skin is a major factor After Weight Loss. Documentation should be along the lines of the body part involved such as seen in Standard Pictures for Tummy Tuck which uses gravity and grabbing the extra tissue to show how the loose skin was managed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline RenaEsteem

• Restricted Modification
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 02:08:27 AM »
helo can you give me some advice regarding liposuction is it safe? thank you! hope to hear from you soon dr. mike (=

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. As a retired Plastic Surgeon, I no longer offer advice. I do have resources that the public can learn from as well as this Liposuction Forum for general questions and answers.

Liposuction is a basic tool of Plastic Surgery sculpture used in many different operations to contour the fat component. You can see many different examples all over my site.

Although any operation carries risks, newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/liposuction.html [nonactive] can be a safe when done on the right candidate, under stringent careful techniques, by experienced surgeons. This is not something to be taken lightly. In the wrong hands, people can die from this surgery. I have seen horror stories from bad doctors who should not have been doing this operation. Liposuction is part of both Gynecomastia and Tummy Tuck surgery. You can check our resources here on newbielink:http://www.abodybeautiful.com/tummy_tuck_forum/tummy_tuck_surgeon.html [nonactive] to understand the concept.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About newbielink:http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/liposuction/index.html [nonactive]

I agree that like other invasive procedures, liposuction also has its own list of  side effects, however, these are normal to take place and they can be avoided. I agree also that The very first thing requirement would be to consider a board-certified, highly skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeon. Low cost liposuction deals may seem attractive but don’t base your choice simply on this, for it just might increase the severity of the side effects.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 02:27:03 AM »
helo can you give me some advice regarding liposuction is it safe? thank you! hope to hear from you soon dr. mike (=

Although any operation carries risks, Liposuction can be a safe when done on the right candidate, under stringent careful techniques, by experienced surgeons. This is not something to be taken lightly. In the wrong hands, people can die from this surgery. I have seen horror stories from bad doctors who should not have been doing this operation. Liposuction is part of both Gynecomastia and Tummy Tuck surgery. You can check our resources here on How to Pick a Tummy Tuck Surgeon to understand the concept.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

I agree that like other invasive procedures, liposuction also has its own list of  side effects, however, these are normal to take place and they can be avoided. I agree also that The very first thing requirement would be to consider a board-certified, highly skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeon. Low cost liposuction deals may seem attractive but don’t base your choice simply on this, for it just might increase the severity of the side effects.

Welcome to our group.

Unfortunately, not all "board certification" are the same.  It can be hard learning just what any one certificate requires. There are many other factors covered in our resource How to Pick Your Plastic Surgeon such as actual before and after pictures of that particular surgeon. Without that critical piece of evidence, anyone is taking a gamble. Learn How to Evaluate Before And After Pictures can only work if a surgeon show such evidence of their skills and has the ethical obligations by strict Plastic Surgery Societies that membership requires such documentation to be typical results for that doctor. Learn about American Board of Plastic Surgery requirements.

The risks are real, and I have seen disasters from unqualified "cosmetic surgeons" claiming certification.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything