Author Topic: Revision Otoplasty - I Require Surgery to put Right my Bad Otoplasy, Any Advice?  (Read 3416 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi I require an op to put right my bad otoplasy, any advice?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

That is actually a fairly sad question. It is somewhat like I had a bad meal, any advice. There are no details about much of anything.   

The first thing to start with is the spelling is otoplasty. It can be difficult to search for something on the web with the wrong spelling.

Revision Otoplasty Surgery is sometimes an option depending the original problem, what was done, healing issues, complications, or any of the many different variables that might have gone into having a bad surgical experience. Not all bad outcomes have reasonable surgical options.

We do have a forum dedicated to revision otoplasty for those who want to share their experiences, posting pictures to show the original deformity, and then current photographs of the surgical result. Although I am retired, this forum was built as a place for such issues to be aired and attract those with a passion to help fix or offer information about the process.

We do have tools on How to Pick an Otoplasty Surgeon, but in this case the situation should look for Revision Otoplasty experiences as this tends to be much more complicated surgery. Not all surgeons have the same skills.

If you are going to post images use our Standard Otoplasty Pictures format to show the complete problem. That is an issue in trying to evaluate many results on the Internet, so many only post limited views before or after. If you are worried about privacy, block out the facial details from eyebrow to eyebrow. That was a compromise to still show the problem and provide some confidentiality that some of my patients requested.

In my opinion,
I have a problem: fix it
is a formula for repeat misadventures. This site was designed to empower the public with the tools to minimize such experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Otoplasty Ear Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates