Author Topic: Facial Aging Forum - Facial Exercises Instead of Surgery To Keep Looking Young  (Read 5125 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Thank you. The subject is interesting to me although I have had none. Have been doing Jack LaLanne facial exercies for years.

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Why not talk about your experiences with that method on our forum with any documentation of results if any.

Muscle tightening does wonders for many parts of the body. A component of the Aging Face can be lost muscle tone. Facial exercises may help that. However, those advocating tend to be cavalier with documentation. To have such documentation, there needs to be a ballet of standard views from different angles and to demonstrate how tissues moves, a set of expressions. Here is a partial set of Facelift Images done before I evolved a more critical methodology. Facial movements to consider for this evaluation would include the mouth,
smile,
lips purses for kiss,
saying "oh,"
and relaxed

Then there are the documentation of the eyes:  Standard Blepharoplasty Eyelid Pictures. Notice how that image system is not as refined as my later evolution of this methodology applied to other parts of the body. As with my further refinement, videos will more accurately document the problem and supposed solution. Many years ago I went to different meetings showing friends what I was doing with that documentation system. For them the still images were enough. Yet, I was seeing with unhappy patients from elsewhere, that motion, facial expressions are critical. You be the judge yourself as you watch someone on a talk show with a Greek like mask for a face after obvious surgical intervention that may look OK for a still image, but is a poor parody of life as you watch them animate, express emotions, or talk.

Perhaps one day I will take my approach and put that on the web to stimulate both the surgery, facial exercising, and skin care industries to be more critical in their documentation of what they are achieving.

But back on point, come here and express your views. What has worked. And post your before and after documentation or stimulate others to start using such methods to show that there is a better way to achieve a goal beyond verbal hype and hand waving.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:58:06 AM by DrBermant »
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates