Author Topic: 18 year old here.  (Read 9935 times)

Offline cataclysm

• View Profile
18 year old here.
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
Dr Bermant told me to post on here

"My gynocomastia sticks out about an inch and a half, and it has always gave me the image of having man boobs. I dropped 50 lbs of weight in a very terrible cut, I was borderling aneroxic for a while, just because I wanted this stuff gone. I'm 18. I have the surgery on Friday, and I've never felt so happy for something in my life. For 5 years I've been severely self conscious, started Body Building (currently 6'2 and 210lbs), and it feels great to know that I will finally have a normal chest."

In this pic, this is the fucking Gyno in my hand.

After the surgery, I have a big bandage over my chest and it's really tight.  there are anti-bacteria pads or something underneath it

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: 18 year old here.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »

"My gynocomastia sticks out about an inch and a half, and it has always gave me the image of having man boobs. I dropped 50 lbs of weight in a very terrible cut, I was borderling aneroxic for a while, just because I wanted this stuff gone. I'm 18. I have the surgery on Friday, and I've never felt so happy for something in my life. For 5 years I've been severely self conscious, started Body Building (currently 6'2 and 210lbs), and it feels great to know that I will finally have a normal chest."

In this pic, this is the fucking Gyno in my hand.

After the surgery, I have a big bandage over my chest and it's really tight.  there are anti-bacteria pads or something underneath it

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Welcome to our forum. Does it not feel great to be on the road to have gotten rid of those breasts? Tell us more about the emotional experience. Many of my patients said that helped in their own healing.

Thank you for posting your images. Did you take a more complete set of my

Standard Gynecomastia Pictures to document your current condition and then to show your progress through recovery after surgery. Take your time to read the instructions. Issues to consider improving before you no longer have those breasts are:

• The first image with clothing is a nice addition, but does not replace the basic set of views needed for full documentation from different angles.
  • Images are not in focus, if they are blurred to what you see, then they are blurred to what others will be able to see.
  • Holding the camera and taking pictures in a mirror may be easier, but the arm position is different left vs right making an accurate assessment for symmetry impossible.
  • Missing many views for a complete set
  • Missing animation views, how they look with arms up overhead and flexing muscles are critical to see just how bad the original problem was and how good the results are after surgery.

Standard Views

• Front both arms down chest muscles relaxed.
  • Front both arms straight up chest muscles relaxed.
  • Front both arms on hips chest muscles relaxed.
  • Front both arms on hips chest muscles Flexed.
  • Left and Right Oblique Muscles Relaxed
  • Left and Right Lateral Muscles Relaxed
  • Close up of nipple areola

Additional views sometimes have great value especially for variations of

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. Other conditions like loose skin after major weight loss can benefit from bending over views showing the effect of gravity on the skin of the chest.

Another thing missing from many doctors' web sites or office presentations is the path a patient takes between before surgery and the results. The same standard pictures taken early after surgery with what medication needed for comfort can help define this recovery. Check out my patients' typical Bruising and Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery Picture Gallery. Use each picture to link to more complete sets of standard pictures and movies of that patient's specific recovery.

This and many other measurements taken during my patients' chest exam are what I used to document the problem,  evaluate results, and evolve my methodology for surgery. I also used this documentation to help with my patient's emotional healing to show what was achieved. This is why having good documentation can have so much power. Once the surgery is done or the healing over, you cannot go back and take those images. What was not taken before, that is done. You cannot go back and be more compulsive. Perhaps your doctor took a more complete set?

Now that you are in the healing process, taking pictures during the recovery can at least document swelling and bruising. The instructions I gave my patients for these images was only raise those arms or flex muscles to what you body is telling you. That was part of their education about how to listen to their bodies during recovery and how far to push the tissues after my surgery. Of course after another doctor's operation, patients should follow that doctor's instructions. The standard set of pictures can also document the After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garment or what ever method that doctor used for documentation. Check out this system in play for Body Shaping Garments for Weight Loss. See how the different standard views demonstrate this garment from the different angles around the body and how flexing muscles affect the picture.

Again, welcome to our forum and good luck on your recovery!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Oh, now I understand what you mean by your statement:

You were on YouTube Gynecomastia Surgery Video (Graphic) Operating Room Movie comment page. Yes, putting comments there has little power. Compare what you posted here, you have images before and after. Then look at what I was able to comment with links and resources to base a comparison for your recovery experiences and help you document yours. Many of my patients told me they were helped during the healing process just talking about it.

Let us know what you think and how we can improve!

here

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline cataclysm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
Thanks for the info Dr Bermant

I have a question though, I'd like to go out tonight/this weekend and the bandages I'm wearing are proving difficult to keep on, and I've been staying home.  They keep sliding down sorta and I have to pull them up.  So I'm thinking while I go out I'd just put on a tight undershirt and then put the bandages back on when I come back home.

MY doctor ordered 2 vests for me next wednsday, so this is only a 1 time problem/will only be an issue for this weekend

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
Thanks for the info Dr Bermant

I have a question though, I'd like to go out tonight/this weekend and the bandages I'm wearing are proving difficult to keep on, and I've been staying home.  They keep sliding down sorta and I have to pull them up.  So I'm thinking while I go out I'd just put on a tight undershirt and then put the bandages back on when I come back home.

MY doctor ordered 2 vests for me next wednsday, so this is only a 1 time problem/will only be an issue for this weekend

After surgery care and instructions are part of the package in picking a surgeon. Each surgeon uses his / her own techniques. Many years ago I concluded that there are so many factors that can go into a comfortable experience during recovery. Documenting the early after surgery bruising and swelling were important to help evolve my methodology.

The poor maintaining of position on the chest is common for that type of bandage which is why I abandoned such methods so many years ago for my techniques of Gynecomastia Dressings and After Gynecomastia Compression Garments. Each of my patients were fitted for their garments before surgery. If the garment was not available, in my opinion, the surgery should not take place. This never happened in our office. The garment was considered as critical as any other factor like suture and operating room supplies. My dressing system was a component of my Dynamic Technique and critical to achieve my typical Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery.

My patients were asked not to change my methods if at all possible. Questions about varying a surgeons instructions should be cleared with that surgeon.

Why not put up a complete set of photos now to show the progress you are making and update them over time. If other methods work they should have the same or better swelling, bruising, and comfort after surgery as I demonstrate with my methods. Consider also taking pictures of the bandage when it has rolled up. That is part of showing what a surgeon offers or how to make something better for the next patient. A full comparison would need the original problem, what was done, and the after surgery progression. This is why I posted so many different types of surgery on my site. The more extensive the opeeration, the greater potential for this swelling, bruising, and discomfort.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline cataclysm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
Thanks Dr Bermant,

I was mainly asking if wearing a tight Undershirt would be okay for a few hours if I wanted to go out, and that it would be replacing the bandages for the few hours.

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
Thanks Dr Bermant,

I was mainly asking if wearing a tight Undershirt would be okay for a few hours if I wanted to go out, and that it would be replacing the bandages for the few hours.

... and I answered, that is a question for your own surgeon. For my patients, it was not just not recommend, but I had explained to each the essential nature that the dressings and garments played in my methodology to get the results we were trying to achieve. But that was already stated in m last answer.

Some surgeons do not document the swelling, bruising, nor scarring after surgery as critically as I was attempting for my sculpture and patients. That is why I suggested posting images. For some surgeons, patients posting on forums is the only way such conditions get shown. If someone has a better method, it should be able to be shown and documented.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything