Author Topic: Nose Plastic Surgery Forum - I lost half my nose to a staph infection  (Read 5098 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi there, what type of plastic surgery do you specialize in? I lost half my nose to a staph infection and can't seem to get anyone to help me. Thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I used to love my nasal Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. It is a wonderful structure to sculpt challenging a surgeon's creativity and skills.

Bilobed Flap Nasal Reconstruction

Reconstruction Nose with Nasolabial Flap

Cancer of Nose and Cheek with Cheek Flap Reconstruction

Cancer of Nose and Eyelid With Skin Graft Reconstruction

are all pages that need format updating to bring into alignment with the rest of my site. They however demonstrate the point that nasal reconstruction is an art form that is dependent on the deformity, the resources nearby, the patient's skin, the skill of the surgical artist, and many other factors.

This forum was designed to be a meeting ground for those with concerns and those with a passion to help, rebuild or sculpt. You are welcome to join us, put up images of the problem and you may yet find someone who can offer advice or reconstruction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Sculpture
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Nose Plastic Surgery Forum - I lost half my nose to a staph infection
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
Hi there, what type of plastic surgery do you specialize in? I lost half my nose to a staph infection and can't seem to get anyone to help me. Thanks

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I used to love my nasal Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. It is a wonderful structure to sculpt challenging a surgeon's creativity and skills.

Bilobed Flap Nasal Reconstruction

Reconstruction Nose with Nasolabial Flap

Cancer of Nose and Cheek with Cheek Flap Reconstruction

Cancer of Nose and Eyelid With Skin Graft Reconstruction

are all pages that need format updating to bring into alignment with the rest of my site. They however demonstrate the point that nasal reconstruction is an art form that is dependent on the deformity, the resources nearby, the patient's skin, the skill of the surgical artist, and many other factors.

This forum was designed to be a meeting ground for those with concerns and those with a passion to help, rebuild or sculpt. You are welcome to join us, put up images of the problem and you may yet find someone who can offer advice or reconstruction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

I just did a search of the internet to see just what was out there for the nose and my fantasy for the ultimate reconstruction tools, fabricating a nose to the specifications I could put into a 3D modeler. Nothing yet. I just did that attempt with Ear Reconstruction Reconstructive Ear Otoplasty Forum - Building Ears With 3D Printing Progress.

The nose framework is like the ear, a thin cartilage skin complex structure. I never liked the silicone implants in the nose that some use for ethnic conversion, but that is a potential use for one of the links there. Again we are limited with the skin layer looking natural. This will require a vascularized framework to really work, so like with the ear, many years away. But what a great tool, rebuilding a missing or damaged structure with tissue exact for that individual patient!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything