Author Topic: Eyelid Ptosis Drooping Forum - Drooping In Other Eye After Surgery  (Read 5574 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi

I've recently had ptosis surgery to correct my left eye.

Even though I'm happy with the results on my left eye, I've noticed the right eye is now drooping
something that I hadn't experienced before the surgery.

Is this normal that its affected my right eye? Will it balance itself out eventually: I had the surgery 8 days ago.

Looking forward to your reply

Yours sincerely

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There are many factors involved with Eyelid Ptosis or Drooping. The issue is so complex that there is an Eyelid Ptosis Classification System to attempt to bring order to what otherwise would be chaos. Which brings us to the issue here, have you asked your surgeon?

Sometimes there is a compensation of the eyebrows to lift the brow in some with eyelid ptosis. Fix one lid and that work may no longer need to be done letting a less obvious droop from the other eye become noticeable. This is why Measurement of Eyelid Function should always be done on both eyelids before surgery such that questions like this could be answered by the compulsive surgeon what the brow compensation is the factor. Another method of documentation is by using standardize pictures like the ones seen on that first link. Of course there are many other possible causes.

Consider joining our forum, posting your images from before surgery and after so that others can better understand your concerns and issues after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Eyelid Ptosis Drooping Forum - Drooping In Other Eye After Surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
i was born with ptosis and i had a muscle raise it has done nothing for me is it curable?

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

What a sad question in response to a notification about this post about eyelid ptosis. There are so many different types of  Eyelid Ptosis or Drooping. Expecting an answer with no specifics as to the original problem, what type of surgery was done, who did the surgery, what happened after surgery and the many other factors a doctor would need to answer such issues during a consultation, the chance for a valid answer is zero, none, nothing, a no win set up by the person asking the question.

Drooping Eyelid problems are so complex that there is an Eyelid Ptosis Classification System to attempt to bring order to what otherwise would be chaos. Some problems have solutions, others have chances at solutions, and yet others have little chance of success. That is why surgeons tried to divide the larger diagnosis into smaller groups to better define options and chances of success.

Such questions are best asked of your original surgeon or someone seen in a consultation where much more can be learned before an answer is given. However, a forum like this can be a way to start to learn. Although retired and no longer offering specific medical advice, I do try to share my knowledge and experience.

Consider joining our forum, posting your images from before surgery and after so that others can better understand your concerns and issues after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates