Author Topic: Plastic Surgery Forum - Holistic Health Evaluating Results  (Read 6430 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Forum - Holistic Health Evaluating Results
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »
@DrBermant delighted to meet you Dr Bermant! So inspired by your work as I Thrive Autoimmune & study Holistic Health.

This should not be construed as advice nor as a medical opinion. I am retired and no longer practicing medicine.

Nice to meet you. Thank you for the kind words. why not join us here on this forum. Concepts I have involved such as standardized photographs, can be used in other fields of health. It is an issue of setting up a system or methodology to evaluate the problem and then the result.  Careful documentation can also help show the path taken to get there. Join us to discuss this and other issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: Plastic Surgery Forum - Holistic Health Evaluating Results
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
@DrBermant Drs get grt job satisfaction prescribing homeopathic med. Patients happy 2 cos it works on mental first b4 physical

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Before I prescribed anything for my patients, I looked for verifiable proof it worked. My picture based contour and loose tissue would certainly not work on the mind. However, there should be a way to get that documented on video answering a series of standard questions before, during and after treatment. The goal is to evolve something that documents and verifies any proposed methodology. In my opinion, hand waving and saying something works is not good for either Plastic Surgery nor any other form of human intervention or treatment. If something works, then it should be something you can verify in a repeatable fashion.

Come join us and evolve such a system. That is what this forum was designed to do.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
Re: Plastic Surgery Forum - Holistic Health Evaluating Results
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
@DrBermant Homeopathic med is proved by Prof Ennis Queens University Belfast.Had major op. Used only hom med after op. Recorded by hospital
This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

That's the problem of verbal statements alone. Anything can be stated. what was the operation? what were other factors? a good surgeon looks for better proof. My tumescent tummy tuck would certainly be considered a major surgery. Check the careful documentation I used. not only did I document the problem before, the results after, but also the path the patients took to get there. The amazing thing about this surgery, the

Comfort of my Tumescent Tummy Tuck was spectacular. although each patient was prescribed a strong pain medication, many found plain Tylenol's enough to manage their comfort. again this is all part of documentation whether a specific method works or not.

Come join in the discussion. Share your experiences. Link to resources and examples.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline eileenmarshall4

• View Profile
I had an hysterectomy and a bladder repair in Antrim Area Hospital NI. Before my operation I used homeopathy and after the operation I didn't take any painkillers as again I used homeopathic medicine.

I returned to the ward approximately 7 p.m. and when offered an injection for pain during the night I said I wasn't in pain. The nurse told me that in the morning I would be sore so I told her that if I needed a painkiller I would ask her for it. The following morning I got out of bed with no pains or aches. 

I asked the Dr who came round to visit me to record in my notes that I had used no painkillers and that I had homeopathic medicine. He recorded it.

Eileen

Offline DrBermant

• Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
I had an hysterectomy and a bladder repair in Antrim Area Hospital NI. Before my operation I used homeopathy and after the operation I didn't take any painkillers as again I used homeopathic medicine.

I returned to the ward approximately 7 p.m. and when offered an injection for pain during the night I said I wasn't in pain. The nurse told me that in the morning I would be sore so I told her that if I needed a painkiller I would ask her for it. The following morning I got out of bed with no pains or aches. 

I asked the Dr who came round to visit me to record in my notes that I had used no painkillers and that I had homeopathic medicine. He recorded it.

Eileen

Welcome to our forum. I glad you had a good experience with your surgery. However, the question comes what were the factor(s) involved?

I have done more extensive operations such as combined hysterectomy with a tummy tuck that did not need injection pain medications. That was one of the hallmarks of my Tumescent Tummy Tuck done otherwise under local anesthesia and sedation. When combined with a hysterectomy, a light general was used during that phase of surgery, and then the patient brought to a much lighter state for the tummy tuck. For the typical Tumescent Tummy Tuck Anesthesia, this was done under heavy sedation alone, no general at all after the operation evolved. A tummy tuck is a much more extensive operation and historically more uncomfortable than a hysterectomy. When combined, there is no comparison to a hysterectomy alone. Check out the many experiences recorded with  Comfort after Tumescent Tummy Tuck.  Although I prescribed strong pain medications, most found that plain Tylenol alone enough to manage their discomfort. After we evolved our methods early in our experiences, none needed injection pain medication. It was a matter of preempting the pain and discomfort and using techniques that promoted their comfort during and after surgery. Not one of these patients used homeopathic methods.

Tummy tuck surgery can be very uncomfortable. For many years I listened to lectures about the amount of pain that surgeon's patients were having. So, not all tummy tuck surgery is comfortable. Each surgeon collecting their patient's comfort levels, recording the patient's experiences, and then letting the public know that information can be critical factors in Picking a Tummy Tuck Surgeon or for that matter any type of surgeon.

So the issue is a matter of the original problem, what was done, surgical technique and may or may not have anything to do with the homeopathic methods. That is for a much more careful assessment trying to separate the factors involved over many patients, not just a single individual's experience. However, try to find that type of information about any type of surgeon or surgery! That is one reason I built this forum, so other could share their experiences and stories.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates