Author Topic: Student research on women's experience of cosmetic surgery, can you help?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline sv309

• View Profile
Hello,
I am a Sociology student looking for women between the ages of 30 and 59 who are considering having or have had facial cosmetic procedures and are willing to participate in a short interview (conducted by email) for my dissertation. I would like to speak to women who have had the following procedures:
Facelift, Brow lift/ Forehead lift, Neck lift, Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peel, Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion, the ‘non-surgical facelift’: micro-current treatment (MENS), or Botox Injections.
The interview will focus on your individual experiences concerning these procedures, how you feel about cosmetic surgery and making the decision to undergo surgery, and, for those of you who have had it, and how you have felt about it since.
The interview should only take about an hour of your time and I am very flexible as to when and what time we conduct the interview to accommodate you, although i would like to do so as soon as possible. This project is both personally and academically very important to me, I look forward to speaking to you and hearing about your personal experiences if you choose to participate, and I hope that you do.
Thank you and best wishes,
Sarah Vose
(If you are interested please contact me at newbielink:mailto:sv309@cam.ac.uk [nonactive] )
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:53:16 AM by sv309 »

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Re: Student research on women's experience of cosmetic surgery, can you help?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
Hello,
I am a Sociology student looking for women between the ages of 30 and 59 who are considering having or have had facial cosmetic procedures and are willing to participate in a short interview (conducted by email) for my dissertation. I would like to speak to women who have had the following procedures:
Facelift, Brow lift/ Forehead lift, Neck lift, Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peel, Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion, the ‘non-surgical facelift’: micro-current treatment (MENS), or Botox Injections.
The interview will focus on your individual experiences concerning these procedures, how you feel about cosmetic surgery and making the decision to undergo surgery, and, for those of you who have had it, and how you have felt about it since.
The interview should only take about an hour of your time and I am very flexible as to when and what time we conduct the interview to accommodate you, although i would like to do so as soon as possible. This project is both personally and academically very important to me, I look forward to speaking to you and hearing about your personal experiences if you choose to participate, and I hope that you do.
Thank you and best wishes,
Sarah Vose
(If you are interested please contact me at sv309@cam.ac.uk)

This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Most with concerns about cosmetic surgery tend to be private and do not like being part of surveys. Those that do tend to be the exception and, in my opinion, do not represent the typical individual I have been seeing over the many years of my practice.

Those who want this site to participate in surveys or forward responses, need to ask permission for that service. Your post was edited to remove that offer you made that this site would forward the requests to you. Posters can use your profile to forward requests by sending you a private message. That is done as part of this site's service.

You are welcome to be on this site. You may not post the same message multiple times, the others were deleted. Multiple posting the same message is considered spam and work for me to remove it.

If you want your message distributed to a wider audience, use the social media links on each post to spread the word of your request. That is what they are for.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates